New G23 Thread

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^haha... tell me abt it... i'm scared to even ask abt the parts cost.... they bought a H22 and F20a (i think... it's the older prelude motor) belts and it didn't work... i was very surprised *sigh*

Egi7

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
ok..... the mechanics tried turning the crank and the belt got loose despite being tighten as much as possible... H23 timing belt is gonna have to be replaced, and not sure which one... i told them abt using the GSR belt with the F23 lower timng gear, but they said the GSR belt is too fat and will hit other belts? can someone confirm this? they bought a couple other belts to try out, but i'm stumped as to why the GSR belt is too fat despite a lot of ppl saying it will work...

Indeed Darkside, the gsr belt is a lil fat, but Carlos "Wikked" used it on his hybrid with the H23 lower timing gear, and it had a good fit. The H23 and the b16,B18(GSR) share the same size cam gears "pr4". He did say that the belt will make a little contact, but over time it didnt raise any issues. :)

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^he's lucky.... mine has too much slack, and it might jump if i rev it too high :bash:

Egi7

Reaction score
mind if I ask which lower gear are u using?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
stock... yeah, yeah... flame all u want, but i'm lazy and have no more $$ for more parts lol

S-spec

Reaction score
You don't need aftermarket cam gears, and your actually better off without them!

As for the pulleys, the only thing thats important is that the crank pulley has 1/2 as many teeth as the cam gears. Thats it, thats all. Count em up, if it works out, great :)

Last edited:

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
I actually didnt plan on gettin aftermarket cams. This is dead broke G23 im doin. But dont worry the parts aren't dead broke LOL

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
Good Morning 6thgeners, so I talked to the seller once again and turns out the seller, you know what ill copy the messages the seller told me:

"THE HEAD WAS RESURFACED,COMPRESSION TESTED FOR CRACKS AND HOTTANKED. I GUARNTEE THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS HEAD."

"LOOK AT MY FEEDBACK. I'VE SOLD ONE BEFORE"

"THERES NOTHING WRONG HEAD. I WOULDNT SELL YOU SOMETHING THAT IS ****ED UP. THATS NOT MY STYLE"

"UR MOTOR WOULDNT BLOW CAUSE OF DIFFERENT COMPRESSION RATIO. IT WILL CAUSE UR MOTOR TO NOT START. THE WAY THIS COMBUSTION CHAMBERS WERE DONE DIDNT REALLY LOWER THE COMPRESSION. THEY WERE POLISHED FOR THE GET GO INSTEAD OF GRINDING THEM CLEAN THEN POLISHING THEM. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE MORE POWER, I SAY MILL THE HEAD. WHEN R U PAYING????"

Should I believe this seller?

Back