Short Ram Intake ~ MAJOR HEADACHE!

riCewu

Reaction score
So I was so stoked to pick up my sri today, the guy personally told me to get the no name one as since all sri does the same job.

Let me start off, the sri came in some ebay like packaging lmfao, came in two boxes.. 1 cube box for the filter .. looks good, second box .. long rectangular box hmm, WTF? the pipe feels like its alluminum lmfao .. so damn light (is it suppose to be light?) well it came with the O-rings I think that's what they're called.. then the .. forgot the name that thing that connects to pipe and throttle body together .. now it also came with like a thick foot and a half long blue rubber hose (i'm assuming i'll be using that in the installation)..

So here are some pictures, because from the stock intake.. I can't seem to figure out how I'm going to install the sri with just one hose..

1. WTF? Why are the hoses and metal piping so close to the throttle body, wait why the F^%$ is it different on the aftermarket sri?!~

IMG_0373.jpg

2. So I see that one hose is connected to the IACV which is then connected to that one metal pipe up front. hmm it's getting confusing!

IMG_0367.jpg

3. So how do I connect my sri? (most likely gonna have to buy extra hoses..) I have 3 outlets/inlets on the sri near the filter side (the original hoses don't reach that far lol).

IMG_0372.jpg

Damn if any of you guys can help me, I would appreciate it! F'ing Made in Taiwan >.< should've known! -.-

Please guide as to what I should do, especially connecting all the hoses to the actual sri..

Don't mind the Fujita filter, too big for the piping .. =P

IMG_0374.jpg

Answers ASAP would be nice, I'm hoping to be able to install it today along with blackhousing my headlights ..

Last edited:

DrOwZee

Reaction score
this is where you went wrong "Made in Taiwan" lol.. best you can do now is go buy longer hose at any auto part store and just plug and play. take off your negative battery before you do it so, once your done install it, reconnect your battery so it can reset with the intake connected.

riCewu

Reaction score
this is where you went wrong "Made in Taiwan" lol.. best you can do now is go buy longer hose at any auto part store and just plug and play. take off your negative battery before you do it so, once your done install it, reconnect your battery so it can reset with the intake connected.

Yeah I was fooled, didn't know it was from Taiwan until I brought it home. HAH!

Okay so like I'm still stuck on the two hoses closes to the front of the vehicle .. there's a short hose coming from the IACV to the short pipe that is like welded on to another longer pipe which is connected to the stock intake on one end and the other end is connected to the intake manifold? with a shorter rubber tube ..

Right now I'm hesitant .. because .. i'm not sure if i can just use three hoses and hose each one to each of the inlets on the sri .. there's a total of three hoses with the stock intake.. two hoses which is connected to a pipe which then goes into the stock intake (something like a two in one type of thing lol..

riCewu

Reaction score
http://www.injen.com/galleries/products/1620071420IS1660_directions.pdf

This link might help with the installation.

** What confuses me is that you have 3 vacuum line barbs on the SRI. My Injen only had 2. Maybe it's because you have a Canada model Accord?

Thanks for the link, will take a look at it now.

Umm yeah I've noticed AEM, Injen and some other brands have only two vacuum line barbs on the sri.. but mine has three, but i also see three hoses connected to the stock intake.. but two of the hoses are connected to this Y-pipe (pipe split into two) which then connects into the stock intake ..

DrOwZee

Reaction score
yea mine only have 2 holes too lol one on the top and the other in the bottom

GlassJAw

Reaction score
^^:wtf1: Jephu

Dude is asking for help not a chance to chalk up another post count on your behalf..... They are a generic intake tube, so not all of those little pipes will be for your particular car. They are generally made out of Aluminium, the long blue hose will go from the little pipe closest to the Throttle body to wherever that metal pipe goes to that is connected to the stock intake.
(I haven't seen a V6 in an Accord before sorry)
Its not very hard to do, you will however need to get rid of the air box to get it in there!

**edit** damn you guys are quick..... thats another thing I like about 6GA people, usually out to help another member!

Last edited:

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

I posted... Please post pictures... originally his post did not have pictures or the pictures were not linked ... by the time I came back to the post to help him out there were more than even info provided by other members that would solve his problem.

GlassJAw

Reaction score
I posted... Please post pictures... originally his post did not have pictures or the pictures were not linked ... by the time I came back to the post to help him out there were more than even info provided by other members that would solve his problem.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh now that makes sense, I appologise dude!
all I saw was dots and was thinking that wont help the guy out at all!

Back