J-Series Theory

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Think you forgot one, Greg.

Glad to see this thread cleaned up though.

:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Good so now we can continue. Ill be making nitrous thread a little later today. I'm telling you guys, our motors love nitrous more then sbc's. ;) Your going to want to do nitrous when I'm done with this thread. (I was actually quitting my turbo build for nitrous at one point its so great)

98V6Accord

Reaction score
Thank you for your info.

Doing a j35a3/6 speed swap.

Have a j32a2 also.

Just trying to figure out what route I'm going with block/heads etc.

Thanks again.

ChargerFan17

Reaction score
The intake- Honestly, the intake is not a serious power gaining platform unless your build is serious. I'd recommend a stock air box with a K&N filter for most people. But if you have a J32a2, J35a3/4 you definitely want to gain some power via the intake your going to need a custom sheet metal intake. From a 5-4.5" velocity stack to a 3.5-3" piping. Not kidding you will see a gain from 10-20whp with this. My fried Kiet (J35a8 swapped into a 7th gen coupe proved it to me with his car, those dbw engines don't even have a tuning solution either so thats saying something). The Filter, id recommend a HKS Mushroom or a AEM/K&N Dryflow filter.

What is the difference between a sheet metal intake and an aluminum eBay intake with a k&n air filter? Isn't it just a tube of metal either way?

Varnell

Reaction score
The Walking Dead inspired me to bring this thread back.

Anyway, great information in here.

How do CAI and SRI's fit between the J32 IM and the J37 IM? I already tried putting on the one from the J30. I need one for when the engine starts, but getting the J37 IM isn't going to happen soon.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
What's the problem?

too long? cut it. (assuming -NOT- AEM)

Too short? cut it, in the middle, connect both pieces with a new adapter

Wrong size adapter? You need new adapter.

What's the diameter of the throttle body and/or tube if you need an adapter?

Varnell

Reaction score
What's the problem?

too long? cut it. (assuming -NOT- AEM)

Too short? cut it, in the middle, connect both pieces with a new adapter

Wrong size adapter? You need new adapter.

What's the diameter of the throttle body and/or tube if you need an adapter?

Looks to me that the J30 has a 3" diameter while the J32 is 3.25-3.5". My concern is that I'd rather not buy one if it will only fit J32 when I'll be getting the J37IM soon. I can't imagine the J37 is 4". If anything it might be closer to the J30.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
That should fit, assuming a ~3" od tb to a ~3.5"?

Use the oven, really, kitchen oven. Use like a cookie sheet, covered with aluminum foil. Set it TB side down. -LOW- setting on the oven, put the adapter in -THEN- turn the oven on. Keep an eye on it, check it every minute or so. Once it gets flexible, -QUICKLY- jam it on the TB, it will probly take some turning, prying, swearing. Maybe some more warming, but it should go on.

Depending if it is reinforced with fibers. If it is, get one of these:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_23463-34146...L=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

Just ditch the corrugated metal thing. Used some of these on a car running a 14psi turbo, IIRC it's only rated to 8psi :p but that's more than an N/A car.

Varnell

Reaction score
^I didn't think about heating it up. I might try my luck with the heat gun I use to roll my fenders. Should work well enough for now. Thanks.

Styx2015

Reaction score
I have the Injen SRI for the J32 matched up with my J37 IM and P2R TB adapter no problem. Had to drill a different hole for the top right corner mount of the intake tube though. It didn't quite line up with the factory hole.

Back