Retrofit question

Bax

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i tried searching and i got nothing.

So, is there any type of retrofit i can do that will still use 9006 bulbs?

Bax

Reaction score
Well that sucks. :thinking:

i JUST bought an hid kit, and me being a perfectionist, im just not happy with the light pattern coming from the hids in the reflective housing. i mean, its bright, but the retrofits just look sooo clean. damn.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Well that sucks. :thinking:

i JUST bought an hid kit, and me being a perfectionist, im just not happy with the light pattern coming from the hids in the reflective housing. i mean, its bright, but the retrofits just look sooo clean. damn.
Morimoto's will be your easiest/cheapest option for a retro. I have a set of black-housed Morimoto mini H1's coming up for sale here soon. They are shroud-less so if you wanted shrouds you'd have to open the headlamps up and add them, and purchase an H1 HID kit. If you're interested you can PM me and we'll talk. They are still are my car and are pending me getting my new retrofit completed.

Bax

Reaction score
I was considering the Morimoto's b/c i saw how easy they were to install. They just fit in the hole where the bulb goes right? no cutting?
and do you have any close up pics of yours? im sure it doesn't look bad without shrouds. Do shrouds do anything? or are they just for looks?

sorry about all the questions, i am literally just now considering doing a retro and i'm clueless. haha

EDIT: oh yeah and where do you buy the Morimoto Mini H1's at??

Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
I just looked at TRS and their Morimoto Mini H1 4.0 has an option for a "9006 adapter plate"

what is that???

sabSquishy

Reaction score
I got one with my retrofit parts purchase from them but I don't know how to use it. Lol.

RICKDIGILER

Reaction score
just buy those morimoto minis they are extremely easy to install and get H1 HID bulbs from TRS. and use your ballasts that you have right now.

Bax

Reaction score
just buy those morimoto minis they are extremely easy to install and get H1 HID bulbs from TRS. and use your ballasts that you have right now.

okay okay, i can see myself doing this in the future. :D

thank you everybody for the replies!

Back