Headlight haze question

Sl1m_Shady

Reaction score
So ive got an extra pair of 01 headlights (with the haze, they were on the car through almost 10 ohio winters), and just last year my old man got a free replacement set because he works at the honda marysville r&d here in ohio...so naturally, i put the new set on, last year.

question is:

i used blue velvet magic haze clearer, along with a terry cloth....and it only restored them about 50%..... see for yourself:

Before:

photo9.jpg

After:

photo10.jpg

So then, i was like
hahaha.jpg

on the headlight restoring paste, but then, i realized

would having one of those "drill bit" buffer type things to use on the lights make much more of a difference than the terry cloth itself? or are the lights irrepairable (unrepairable?)

anyone who has any experience/thoughts on this would be appreciated

thanks!

Sl1m_Shady

Reaction score
use the 3M headlight restoration kit. It will work a lot better. /end

alright, ill give it a shot.... if i remember correctly, that one comes with the buffer..?

and i guess i shoulda just spent the 30 bucks for that over the 9 for the bottle....

Cpyro

Reaction score
nah the 3M one comes with sand paper and u will wet sand with 3 different grits and used the restorer liquid too, just gets a little deeper and should help getting it to look better :D

edit: crap im thinking about the turtle wax one i think

Last edited:

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
in order to get back to oem clear, you will need to sand and buff, lots of effort but worth it.

Sl1m_Shady

Reaction score
yeah, I think I'm just going to end up blackhousing the nice ones already on my car, and just be real careful....then just use the hazed pair as a backup.

that way, if I do manage to f it up, I'll just buy the 3m kit when/if that time comes.

or I could just spend te money now and sell em..?

Bax

Reaction score
yeah just blackhouse the new ones, that way if you ever sell your car you can put the hazed over ones back on it. ;) haha

but i'd give that 3M kit a shot though, just to see if it works or not.
I almost used it on my old headlights, but i was a p**sy and was scared to blackhouse my own headlights so i just bought some blackhoused ones. lol:hihi:

Back