Removing Reflector Buckets

crucifero

Reaction score
Shaved, so you actually cut a square hole into the back of the reflector bucket and placed the solenoid part of the projector in there?

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Shaved, so you actually cut a square hole into the back of the reflector bucket and placed the solenoid part of the projector in there?

I just trimmed my shroud.
I cut a rectangle notch in the bottom of the low beam bucket for clearance issues on the mini H1. If you don't it will sit at a slight angle and you won't be able to get the locking nut on as far as it should be. It doesn't need much clearance at all.. but it made a world of difference in how the projector sat in the bucket. Also makes it to where if you trusted your shroud enough it created a compression fit between the top and bottom of the bucket. No need to glue/jb weld/silicone the shroud on to hold. The shroud you see in the picture snapped onto the projector ring and it held in very snug. I did some shaking tests off the car; shaking the hell out of the headlamp, swinging it around even bumping it on the ground and it didn't budge at all.

Last edited:

redmeansfaster

Reaction score
Wrong. The low beam reflector buckets needs to be notched in the bottom in order to fit the bi-xenon solenoid that way the projector seats properly in the back and is not cock-eyed. I've installed numerous sets and every time this needs to be done. I've installed a few sets where the person didn't want any modifications done to the buckets, the result was me not being able to properly tighten down the holding nut on the projector, it would bind with the stock 9006 hole.

What do you mean notched...did you cut a hole in the bottom of the bucket?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
What do you mean notched...did you cut a hole in the bottom of the bucket?

Just for further reference

DSC05214.jpg

This is a current retro I'm working on.

^^

crucifero

Reaction score

Hehe.
:seewhatyoudid:

When I'm putting my headlight back together....

Is it okay to stick the MorimotoMini Projector back into the oven to heat up the existing Hondabond?

The reason I'm worried is because of the solenoid and the high beam wiring that is connected to the projector. Will that be okay in the oven?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Hehe.
:seewhatyoudid:

When I'm putting my headlight back together....

Is it okay to stick the MorimotoMini Projector back into the oven to heat up the existing Hondabond?

The reason I'm worried is because of the solenoid and the high beam wiring that is connected to the projector. Will that be okay in the oven?
Yeah it will be fine, just don't use a high temp and heat a little at a time. Could always heat gun it as well. Better safe than sorry.

Back