What Color Should I Paint My Car?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Personally, I would never color change a car unless you're doing it right. AKA, stripping the entire interior, engine bay, trunk etc and painting everything. All of the evidence of the old color will be everywhere and it would bug the heck out of me.

I'm also SSM and getting repainted soon. To kinda switch it up, I'm going with a SSM and then 3 stage with pearl on top of the SSM. Just an idea. Post pics when done!
If that car is a DD I would NOT get a 3 stage Pearl paint job. Unless you have the money to upkeep that paint job, you're wasting your time. One chip, nick etc.. in a panel the entire panel needs to be painted and re-blended into a good portion of the car, even if they are able too. Trust me I had a 3 stage Pearl on my Accord before. Satin Silver w/ House of Kolor Lazuli Blue Pearl. Looked amazing but was by far the most expensive upkeep I've ever had on my car.

Emo236e

Reaction score
If that car is a DD I would NOT get a 3 stage Pearl paint job. Unless you have the money to upkeep that paint job, you're wasting your time. One chip, nick etc.. in a panel the entire panel needs to be painted and re-blended into a good portion of the car, even if they are able too. Trust me I had a 3 stage Pearl on my Accord before. Satin Silver w/ House of Kolor Lazuli Blue Pearl. Looked amazing but was by far the most expensive upkeep I've ever had on my car.

It is a DD, so the pearl will be light so that it's easier to blend. I have a hook up for free paint, so I'm not too stressed about it. And the paint is PPG global which is supposedly some of the toughest paint you can get. I've had 2 3 stage'd cars in the past (pearl white and white with blue pearl), and I just love pearl enough to park in the back of parking lots and wax often.

Back