CF Hood for $100, to paint or not to paint?

Emo236e

Reaction score
I'm getting a CF hood for $100 locally, and since the clear coat is jacked on my stock hood, this might be easier than having my paint guy sand down the stock hood as he was even saying that the jacked up paint would react with the PPG paint he's going to use to paint my car.
Saw the CF hood and decided to make it easier on everyone. Now, the question is, should I have the CF hood painted SSM w/ pearl like the rest of the car will be or have it just buffed out real well and keep it CF and blackhouse my headlights. I was just going to retro possibly and leave it OEM. What are your thoughts and opinions? I'm just trying to get some feedback and what you guys think. Thanks in advance! BTW, its a SSM sedan, not lowered yet, no wheels yet, but will be getting some and will be lowered eventually.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the cf hood recleared and call it a day. Save money and will look good with blackhouse headlights.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Yeah that makes no sense, don't take your hood to this guy (unless you have misinterpreted what he said).

And paintmatch it.

Emo236e

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not understanding what he's saying, but he's a good friend that has painted probably thousands of cars and he's doing mine for basically free. My hood looks chalky as the clear coat has just turned into chalk and started to flake off. It's pretty bad.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
if it's going to be free, paint it OEM color

i recleared my old cf hood and it doesn't look the same.. the actual cf weave actually had cancer down the road lol

Emo236e

Reaction score
You are both correct, I know nothing about painting cars, so there you go.

Anyways....I have two for paint match, one for re-clear and blackhouse. I need some more opinions to help me make up my mind!!

*edited*

Good input Darkside, it will be free.

Last edited:
Back