Detailed: 05 Acura MDX (40 pictures)

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
WOW,....did they intentionally keep that interior this nasty just so you can clean it up??

Bax

Reaction score
I have different dilutions, one for carpet, seats, one for wheels and wheel wells.

Very nice.

After seeing this thread, i went out and bought me a bottle of Meguiars Quik Detailer, that should be good enough for just a simple cleaning of the interior right?
(it was dark when i got home, so i'm waiting until tomorrow to use it. and my interior isn't really too dirty, just finger prints, the occasional "eating in the car" spots. haha)

And is that APC+ good at removing stains in the floorboard carpet?

Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
Correct me if i'm wrong, but... This is clay right?
29.jpg

turbo_911

Reaction score
WOW,....did they intentionally keep that interior this nasty just so you can clean it up??

Probably, they guy said that he was going to clean it up this weekend but I called and said that I have free time to do his car so he agreed. :)

Very nice.

After seeing this thread, i went out and bought me a bottle of Meguiars Quik Detailer, that should be good enough for just a simple cleaning of the interior right?
(it was dark when i got home, so i'm waiting until tomorrow to use it. and my interior isn't really too dirty, just finger prints, the occasional "eating in the car" spots. haha)

And is that APC+ good at removing stains in the floorboard carpet?

Quick detailer is for dashboard and plastic trip, to make it shiny. It is not for cleaning, it is more like a protection. You have to spray on terry towel and then wipe it off, unlike some people spray directly on dashboard and get it everywhere...

APC and APC+ is designed to remove stains, but then if you have really strong stains, you have to wash with water too in order to get rid of them. Might take couple times to achieve the look you want.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but... This is clay right?
29.jpg

Yes that is clay bar, the cheapest available.

Bax

Reaction score
Probably, they guy said that he was going to clean it up this weekend but I called and said that I have free time to do his car so he agreed. :)

Quick detailer is for dashboard and plastic trip, to make it shiny. It is not for cleaning, it is more like a protection. You have to spray on terry towel and then wipe it off, unlike some people spray directly on dashboard and get it everywhere...

APC and APC+ is designed to remove stains, but then if you have really strong stains, you have to wash with water too in order to get rid of them. Might take couple times to achieve the look you want.

Yes that is clay bar, the cheapest available.

You sure do know your stuff. :D Thank you so much for being so patient and answering my questions. I just recently figured out how important it is to keep your car clean, so im trying to figure everything out now. lol

turbo_911

Reaction score
Now that what I call clean how long did it take you to detail the MDX

Took me around 5 hours to clean interior and around 3 hours to do the paint correction

You sure do know your stuff. :D Thank you so much for being so patient and answering my questions. I just recently figured out how important it is to keep your car clean, so im trying to figure everything out now. lol

Thanks :) Well, I still learn new things every year, and been detailing for 4 years now but still a there are a lot of new things I discover every month.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
How long did it take you to clay? Usually takes me 2-3 hours to clay a car but, I'm using fine grade clay as I don't buff the car. I'm assuming you use medium?

turbo_911

Reaction score
How long did it take you to clay? Usually takes me 2-3 hours to clay a car but, I'm using fine grade clay as I don't buff the car. I'm assuming you use medium?

Oh no, I am using the cheapest clay from Meguiars. To fully clay full car it takes me around 15-20 mins depending on the car. The longest it took me was probably 30 min when I was doing Cadillac Escalade.

Back