TL/CL Type S Dash Swap In Sedan CG16

mikedrre2013

Reaction score
Hey when the computer swaps over for this dash swap ,how did you get around the key chip in the ignition? Did it recognize the original key?

FNCONE

Reaction score
No reason to swap ECUs. I swapped Them Because I Have A Type-S Swap.
If You're Just Doing the dashboard you will be fine.

mikedrre2013

Reaction score
b3b033a452a73a189fd0cbb15a8db0a2.jpg

Haha so much easier okay... And I'm running ac to the back seat, and the airbag computer im using is a little more boxed than the Acura's if that makes sense... Anyways this is not letting me run the vent to the back seat. Any tips on this? #final stretch

I'm using all of parts from a automatic Acura TL,but I plan to use just plastics in center armrest to get that 6 speed look. Anyone know what I need to achieve this look? Can I keep the accord E break and just move to the right side? Any idea how this would affect the rear vent (using Acura auto mixed with accord ) or is there specific vent for 6 speed

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score
b3b033a452a73a189fd0cbb15a8db0a2.jpg

Haha so much easier okay... And I'm running ac to the back seat, and the airbag computer im using is a little more boxed than the Acura's if that makes sense... Anyways this is not letting me run the vent to the back seat. Any tips on this? #final stretch

I'm using all of parts from a automatic Acura TL,but I plan to use just plastics in center armrest to get that 6 speed look. Anyone know what I need to achieve this look? Can I keep the accord E break and just move to the right side? Any idea how this would affect the rear vent (using Acura auto mixed with accord ) or is there specific vent for 6 speed

This is not fun...I had to modify the vents to fit.
The CL 6 speed doesn't have rear ac vents THAT WAS more fun lol. I just made the e-brake fit (find the CL one with the CL cup holders much easier) then worked around the e-brake to the rear vent. So where the vent passes the brake its a bit slimmer but wider (custom plastic welding) practice on some pieces and buy some abs plastic. Once I get back to final touches on mine I'll take pics. Remember CL cup holder and e-brake lever with TL Center Console

mikedrre2013

Reaction score
Okay so I'm waiting on cup holder for 6speed . Decided to focus on cluster. I bought a euro accord cluster and looked like best of both worlds fitting the dash and accord wiring, except it didn't wire up right I guess. All of the functions were off. Had my mechanic try to Frankenstein the usa cluster board to the euro one but I was hoping maybe there's some input on a less primitive way to use the euro cluster... Any ideas?

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
How do you get the cluster to work.. would you have to reverse some pins from accord to tl? Reading threw this kinda got me confused. Also can tl door panels fit are gens??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

mikedrre2013

Reaction score
Any thoughts on using a f20b sir cluster for this swap. I have a usdm f23a non vtec motor. Would thus be a direct swap?
ff101f62a6b83181f67d069b44514488.png

Back