Adding oil to the ENGINE fixed my tranny?! NANI?!

cumsies

Reaction score
back in Feb of 2018, my automatic transmission started slipping like heck and I took it to a shop and it was stated that I needed a rebuilt transmission. asked several professionally trained mechanics and they all said the same. during the time that the transmission started failing, the engine was fine on oil. so I was also sure that the transmission needed replacing.

lacking the funds to do so, we just had it sitting in the lot for the last few months. so I thought it was obvious that the oil levels would lower.

and this guy, a family friend, shows up and says "bro you stupid you just need oil." and I got super pissed because I was so sure that just adding oil to the ENGINE would not fix my transmission.

I humored him. let him do whatever. he put in oil. started the car. and I was ready to be disappointed.

he comes back to the place and tells me its working and now the tranny will actually shift again.

WHY? WHY DID HIM PUTTING OIL INTO THE ENGINE MAKE MY TRANSMISSION ACTUALLY SHIFT? ANSWERS PLEASE

cumsies

Reaction score
does a tranny fail on low ENGINE oil levels?

my accord's been sitting for the past few months because of tranny failure, automatic, and this guy comes over today and all he does is add oil to the engine and suddenly my car will actually shift again.

....why?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
vtek oil yo~~~

sounds ike your car was in limp mode aka not enough motor oil... motor will only shift up to a certain rpm, so it makes sense that your tranny won't shift into higher gear

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Re: does a tranny fail on low ENGINE oil levels?

engine oil is in no way associated with the transmission at all. these autos are known to be junk, so the trans is just being itself.

cumsies

Reaction score
the thing is.. when the tranny started slipping, there was still a good amount of oil. with my 6ga, the car drops RPMs when never I come to a stop if I'm running low on oil. and that's an occurrence I deal with often. heck, we added oil when we took it to the shop just because and it didn't work.

maybe it is just ****ty auto transmission. I suspect it'll fuxx up again soon. so we'll see.

:shrug:

Back