Red Bull F1 comes to Texas video

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
:drool:

What'd you do today?

Eh not much, just sped down a few streets and did donuts in an Indy car.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I’m sure, with a 18k redline or whatever, those things scream. I’ve heard IRL/CART cars in person back in the day, but never heard an F1 car in person.

Loudest race cars I’ve ever heard were Top Fuel dragsters. They were deafening even with ear protection, and they set off car alarms from a pretty long distance lol.

turbo_911

Reaction score
I've never heard dragsters in person, but I did hear go karts too but they aren't that loud.

This R6 sound is close to F1 when it hits high rpm

bucho44

Reaction score
Yeah this happened like a month or two ago. I was there. The car drove down Congress Ave (Main Street in front of the capital). Those donuts were done by the Texas museum down the street from the UT campus.
My cousin unfortunately moved before the track was announced it was being built. His house was on the top of a hill about 1/4 mile away from the track. From the back yard, everything can be seen and heard. It's getting crazy over here.
I live about 7 miles from the area and some guys with a Ford GT and red Italia bought some land nearby and made a helipad I'm guessing to transport fans. There is supposed to be like 7 new helipads for this reason because there is only one road leading to and from the track.

Back