DIY - Morimoto Mini H1 projectors Retrofit

Cpyro

Reaction score
anyone try these in the High beams at all yet? i wonder how theyd fit...

sydkck67

Reaction score
It depends on which shrouds you have. Mine are the mini gattlings, which have screws to mount them to the projectors.

Bax

Reaction score
I am getting the mini gatling gun shrouds as well. thank you! :)

crucifero

Reaction score
You actually use those screws? I am about to finish mine up and am planning on just sticking it on...

It's not coming off when I shake the headlight, put it upside down, or bump it with my hand..

sydkck67

Reaction score
I used the screws just to be sure they wouldn't rattle loose, the roads around me are bumpy and riddled with pot holes.

Bax

Reaction score
I used the screws just to be sure they wouldn't rattle loose, the roads around me are bumpy and riddled with pot holes.

I should probably do that too then, b/c i have the same issue here where i live at.

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
i did the Mini H1 retrofit and i need to redo them. the shroud is sticking to far forward so that its hitting the piece that you paint black when you are black housing the lights. i tried to trim away at it a little but it didnt work and the shrouds are sitting on top of that piece now. not good. i got the mini gatling gun shrouds and i cut off maybe 3/8ths of an inch of the posts you screw into to hold it on but didnt wasnt able to get it much further back. i was afraid i was going to crack something. i did sand down the bottom of the shroud too but im thinking it needs more. has anyone else had this issue and fixed it or any tips for me before i go through the whole process again?

you can see how far it hangs over the chrome piece and the .5-1 inch gap from the back of the shroud to the reflecting bowl
2ishz6g.jpg

the dirver side has the same problems
t4ybdl.jpg

what do i do?

Last edited:
Back