New Honda Accord Owner

trillobite

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just purchased a 1998 Honda Accord LX with 250k miles, and I have to say, I am impressed by Honda's engineering with the VTECH engine. The thing is smooth, and doesn't burn a drop of oil, I keep checking the dipstick, because I cannot believe it. Except... I recently discovered the horrors that lie within the BAXA transmission!

So, I have done research on the transmissions used in the 6th gen Accords, although I still have some questions that I hope you guys will be able to answer if you don't mind! :shrug:

trillobite

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.... yup ours tans are ****!!! but other than that the cars are great!

EXACTLY! The reason why I am so frustrated is because I love this Accord so much, and it has a suicidal death wish lol :goofy_batman:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome. Some people got lucky and had no transmission issues, it's a crap shoot. If you have the 4cyl I'd swap to 5spd manual, it's the same or cheaper than paying for an auto remanufacture/rebuild. And the car will be practically bulletproof afterward.

Back