noob introduction

gieto

Reaction score
Hi
I'm from south louisiana, hold my beer, watch this.as geek as i am, i am lost in forums. no literally for hours. i just need the fastest way to meet people who know people who might know someone else that has a problem. i do my own repairs and i won't ask for help untill i'm stumped or can't find DIY on the web.

this looks like the most specific forum i could find.

i have 1998 Accord EX V6 coupe. stock. with a crappy stereo.

can some one point me to where to ask about a/c problems?

TIA

gieto

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Always try searching first, many things have been addressed with these cars being so old. Otherwise post threads where you think they have the most relevance and a moderator can move them if they see fit.

dawg316

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. make a thread about ur a/c problems and we can try and help you

gieto

Reaction score
so i posted this thread in 'the garage' under audio and electrical, is that close enough?
I haven't seen an a/c specific area...

So,

my 98 accord ex v6 coupe with auto climate controls is failing.

couple months back the recirculate flap stopped moving. the light goes on and off but the flap does nothing. not the worst thing in the world.

a few weeks ago the hot/cold servo starts making ticking noises as you adjust it (a few weeks go by like this) till it finally stops moving at all on FULL hot.

I looked around the web and forums without finding much of anything, so I dove into the dash, pulled the servo boxes apart tested their little motors and found no missing teeth or slipping gears. put everything back together turned it on, pressed the recirculate button, it moved, pushed it again, it moved. On the third try is stopped again in the open(vent) position. back to square one. same thing with hot/cold knob, still stuck in full hot position.

searched web more, found most post solutions had bad controllers (dash panel) so ordered one (used, said to be in full working condition) online. unplugged old installed new. no change.

so, anyone know where to go from here?

TIA

also looking for how to make it go into diagnostic mode

gieto

Reaction score
Nobody huh. its already starting to warm up here in La. need to dig on my own i guess... hold my beer.
:superhack:

Back