Fuel pump/ignition wire color help!?

Lrys_CG

Reaction score
Hey, I'm planning on installing a kill switch for my car, but I'm not 100 percent sure what color the fuel pump wire or the ignition wire is.. The wire should be located on the driver side. it should be somewhere by the gas and brake pedals.

finch13

Reaction score
And your car is a what? 98? EX? V6? Wagon? JDM? That kind of **** is important and things like wire colors and locations do change a little bit from year to year, ya know.

99 LX Coupe F23A1:

Fuel Pump: BLK/YEL wire, follow fuse at drivers side fuse box. Goes to #4 pin on main relay.

Starter lead from ignition switch: Rather large (14 or 12ga.) white wire coming from the lower steering column cover. Goes to a 6-pin connector at the driver's side fuse box. BUT... that would be a ***** to wire up correctly.

Better idea: Grab the BLK/YEL ignition coil wire (Fuse #11, driver's side box) and use a switch on that.

You want to buy a DPST switch that can handle at least 15A, BTW

Lrys_CG

Reaction score
And your car is a what? 98? EX? V6? Wagon? JDM? That kind of **** is important and things like wire colors and locations do change a little bit from year to year, ya know.

99 LX Coupe F23A1:

Fuel Pump: BLK/YEL wire, follow fuse at drivers side fuse box. Goes to #4 pin on main relay.

Starter lead from ignition switch: Rather large (14 or 12ga.) white wire coming from the lower steering column cover. Goes to a 6-pin connector at the driver's side fuse box. BUT... that would be a ***** to wire up correctly.

Better idea: Grab the BLK/YEL ignition coil wire (Fuse #11, driver's side box) and use a switch on that.

You want to buy a DPST switch that can handle at least 15A, BTW

Hey where did you find this information at, or was it just general knowledge? I have a 2000 coupe v6. Do you know if its similar to a 99 4cl?

MrLazie1

Reaction score
ill look up the wiring diagram for you at school. haha i plan to do this too one day.

Back