DIY:OEMish style DRL/Fog light Highbeam area

crossfire

Reaction score
Are the bulbs running at the same brightness as a high beam? It doesn't look like you added anything to lower the brightness so you won't blind people.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
High beams are 9005...low beams are 9006..Im using a modified 9006 bulb instead.They are bright but since they are DAY time running lights doesn't matter. you google to add resistors to lower the power going to them dimming them.

wnt_2b_boosted

Reaction score
you could hook the posotive side to a relay that is turned on by the ignition and another the the negative side that is activated when you turn the headlights.... So when you turn car on you have drl and then when you turn your head lights on they shut off by having the ground cut... bam no switch needed...

hayn808

Reaction score
so in other words if i did it without a relay i would have my side markers plus the the macgyvered drls on?

jvong2

Reaction score
Bringing this back. If I just wire the high beams in series, would it reduce the voltage to 6 and be less bright? I dont use my high beams but want them on at all times with the yellow bulbs without blinding people.

Jortiz23

Reaction score
Question do you have to turn the switch on every time or as soon as u turn on the car the lights go on

Back