DIY: Installing a Rearview Camera

Raul

Reaction score
The 930BT is a good choice. I would say if you can afford it get it. It really depends on what your budget is. As for Sony headunits I voted against them because they were out of my budget range. For GPS it's going to be more expensive than the Pioneer. Sony's interface does look very clean though. Is GPS important to you? Because different headunits use different ones. I believe Kenwood uses garmin and sony uses tomtom. So if you have a preference that's something important to look at.

My budget is $600. I need to sell my pioneer asap and add some money on top. The 930BT has voice control which is awesome, but SONY has a nice interface and tomtom gps which is very easy to update. Ah decisions, decisions!

To me gps is very important. I would really like to get a gps that has landmarks in 3D. For example, Jensen has that feature but i have read the reviews that its not that great =\

NocturnalEvo

Reaction score
For those who are looking for the reverse wire to connect to your headunit it can be found of the drivers side fuse box.

IMG_0660.JPG

Are you circling the red wire or the green?

NocturnalEvo

Reaction score
I got the X930BT over the weekend. After seeing this thread lol, I was inspired to go with a rearview camera. I bought a $30 cam off amazon, and am trying to install it, but running into a slight issue.. Hopefully one you guys can help lol

I ran the camera and mounted it in the back. The only thing is, my camera has a separate power/ground wire that is only like 3ft long. I'm trying to think of where to tap in for ground and power.

I can get to the reverse bulb from inside the trunk lid, but wondering if it would be okay to tap into that?

That's what im stuck at...just not sure if its okay or not to tap into the reverse bulb wires for power and ground.

jitubats

Reaction score
NM, I figured it out. They were from Super Bright Led's - https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...es-miniature-rectangle-accent-light-black/25/

I spent a good part of yesterday changing the 6 Xis CD player with a spanking new Clarion NX404, backup camera in my dad's 2001 accord. I'm happy with the results, just waiting on the goo to cure so that I can wrap up the install of the camera.
This was the best advice i found on installing a backup camera, little more expensive than others, but def worth it.
Next week's project, installing a pair or projector headlights..

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
I like this, a more permanent solution than my bolt on license plate camera. I wish I came across this thread before I bought mine.

I have a bypass switch on mine in the glove box. I recommend putting one in, I use it more often than I thought I would. It turns on when I put it in reverse but also at any time I can flip the switch and override it to see behind me. - i.e. when my rear window is fogged up or blocked. Also when some douche is tailgating me I can see just how close he really is.

Back