Bent Rotor?

Ace37

Reaction score
Long story short, I was driving and my entire driver side front wheel kame off and three kar slammed on the rotor and slid a little ways so it scraped some offriends the diameter. Wheel just wasn't on tight enough. Well got to the auto zone a few hundred yards away and got some new nuts. Noticed now doe that when I driving I hear a LOUD scrubbing noise and even worse when I'm actually braking and making left turns. I semi inspected the rotor and it wasn't worn on the inside like a bad rotor would be just had the scrape on the outside edge. I'm thinking that the weight of the kar slamming on it bent it some and now that's what Im hearing.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Long story short, I was driving and my entire driver side front wheel kame off and three kar slammed on the rotor and slid a little ways so it scraped some offriends the diameter. Wheel just wasn't on tight enough. Well got to the auto zone a few hundred yards away and got some new nuts. Noticed now doe that when I driving I hear a LOUD scrubbing noise and even worse when I'm actually braking and making left turns. I semi inspected the rotor and it wasn't worn on the inside like a bad rotor would be just had the scrape on the outside edge. I'm thinking that the weight of the kar slamming on it bent it some and now that's what Im hearing.

I would most definitely change that rotor also there is a metal dust guard on the back of the rotor its prolly rubbing against the rotor. I would invest in a torque wrench so you can ensure this does not happen again.

Ace37

Reaction score
I would most definitely change that rotor also there is a metal dust guard on the back of the rotor its prolly rubbing against the rotor. I would invest in a torque wrench so you can ensure this does not happen again.
Yea I figured that was it, thanks for the fast reply. And I have a kouple torque wrenches lol I just forgot to tighten up this wheel after I rotated all my tires

GullyG00k

Reaction score
You should check if it has a Crack in the filet of edge where the 90 degree angle is.... I'm other words where the rotar meets the hub part, to check if it isn't cracked. Same thing happen to me and I have a cracked rotar at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Trippinsolzz

Reaction score
Do not replace just one rotor . Replace both front the pressures might be off. and just to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back