New owner 2002 Honda Accord Ex

02HAS

Reaction score
it's a one owner car my brother bought new, so it's staying in the family. I am really impressed on how smooth the ride is for an 02 with 196,000 miles.

I am really interested in changing out the front bumper and with one from the coupe just to have the look and add the fog lamps, depending if they interchange without to many modifications.

also need some help regarding the seat belts, car doesn't light up or chime if you don't have the seat belt on.

phi1542

Reaction score
Welcome! I assume you have a sedan. You can do coupe front bumper without any modification. Plenty have done it. All you need is the coupe bumper and coupe hood. 98-00 and 01-02 coupe bumpers are different so take your pick but all the coupe hoods are the same 98-02. As for seat belts I don't believe our cars alert if you don't have the seat belt on.

DBO867

Reaction score
Welcome! Looking forward to the build and for seat belts, no chime or beep, just a lil light in the cluster

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Welcome fellow sedan!!! Tons of info on here and we are a helpful bunch. Post up some pics when u can..

twofast4u

Reaction score
yea you can do the coupe bumper swap, but you will have a a little gap between the hood and bumper if you keep the sedan hood. Also the coupe fogs are a little pricey too. I might have mine for sale soon though if you're interested.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA make yourself at home. That's nice to carry it on from some one you know for sure. Yeah post some pics!

also need some help regarding the seat belts, car doesn't light up or chime if you don't have the seat belt on.
Does your SRS light stay on? I'd scan for the code to see if your seat belt buckle is shot. If that's the case, you can fix it for free at a Honda dealer b/c it's got a lifetime manufacture warranty. Oh, btw 6gen seatbelts don't chime or anything haha. Old school ftw right?

Back