Sub and box hookup

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
So I brought this sub for a guy along with an amp... It is a ppi flat piston 12' sub and there are two in a ported box. I cannot figure out why the last guy wired it up like this... + and - from channel one of the sub to the left port, + and - from channel one on the other sub to port on the left... And + and - from channel two from sub one to the right port and + and - from channel two on sub two to the right port... I have never seen it hooked up this way before and am very confused about it.... What happens when it is wired like this? Would it be better to wire channel one and two on sub one to the left port and channel one and two on sub two the right port?

james'99

Reaction score
So I brought this sub for a guy along with an amp... It is a ppi flat piston 12' sub and there are two in a ported box. I cannot figure out why the last guy wired it up like this... + and - from channel one of the sub to the left port, + and - from channel one on the other sub to port on the left... And + and - from channel two from sub one to the right port and + and - from channel two on sub two to the right port... I have never seen it hooked up this way before and am very confused about it.... What happens when it is wired like this? Would it be better to wire channel one and two on sub one to the left port and channel one and two on sub two the right port?

They are wired in series. This cuts power to both of them evenly.

What amplifier is it and what subs are they exactly. Gonna look up all the specs and tell you what should be and give you the calculations you need.

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
They are wired in series. This cuts power to both of them evenly.

What amplifier is it and what subs are they exactly. Gonna look up all the specs and tell you what should be and give you the calculations you need.

Don't really know much about the subs except they're flat piston 12'...they're pretty old but still pound pretty hard, the amp is a 1200 watt Sony explod model number is mx-1600GSD

Last edited:

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
I take that back, the subs are only single channel and the guy who sold it to me lied... Close thread please

james'99

Reaction score
The subs are only single channel. They always are. He did have them wired for a proper configuration, you just have to find out what that is. If you have the model number of the woofers and the amp, we can figure all of that out.

Back