Alarm issue, real annoyng

irtiza18

Reaction score
I had a similar problem when I first bought my accord. I was outside sprouts and suddenly my alarm just goes off....and despite everything I try to do, I can't get it silenced. It would go off randomly and go on again. If I tried to open the door (with it unlocked) it would go off. It was crazy. It ended up being the alarm system. The car had an after market system that was probably really old and on it's last leg. Replaced the entire alarm system and never had a problem. Check out your local sound/alarm guy and get a new reputable system.

Watch my Youtube video for a better understanding its up there in the first posts, except mine was just a silent alarm, when i did get the car i think it had a somewhataftermarket system and i ripped out the horn it had from the engine bay, after all it worked on its OEM alarm system thats about it

james'99

Reaction score
Watch my Youtube video for a better understanding its up there in the first posts, except mine was just a silent alarm, when i did get the car i think it had a somewhataftermarket system and i ripped out the horn it had from the engine bay, after all it worked on its OEM alarm system thats about it

Look under your driver side dash. There is probably an aftermarket alarm up in there. Also, were there wires going to said horn? Put a multimeter on 'em when the alarm is supposedly "going off" and see if there is voltage. If so, you go some digging to do. You have an aftermarket alarm to pull out.

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score

I checked out the video. This is all my opinion, I'm not a professional or anything. But whatever system you have sounds like it's going haywire, aftermarket or oem. If it's been there for a while could be worth the headache to just rip out the system and get a new one. I know it will cost money though, just putting my 2cents. Just sounds like a headache if you're not electrically inclined, but it could be done!

FNCONE

Reaction score
Look under your driver side dash. There is probably an aftermarket alarm up in there. Also, were there wires going to said horn? Put a multimeter on 'em when the alarm is supposedly "going off" and see if there is voltage. If so, you go some digging to do. You have an aftermarket alarm to pull out.

I checked out the video. This is all my opinion, I'm not a professional or anything. But whatever system you have sounds like it's going haywire, aftermarket or oem. If it's been there for a while could be worth the headache to just rip out the system and get a new one. I know it will cost money though, just putting my 2cents. Just sounds like a headache if you're not electrically inclined, but it could be done!

These 2 gentlemen sound like the route I would take.
You ripped off the horn without the brain?. Maybe the brain is acting up now.
You use the OEM key FOB?
The oem alarm would not go off by opening with your oem key.
I noticed in your video the red security light blinking. If the hood latch was the issue it would not arm the system. (meaning no red light blinking )
You also stated that when you opened the hood after 5 minutes the alarm went off WITH the horn...That must be your OEM alarm At work.

I would check for an aftermarket alarm brain

irtiza18

Reaction score
You use the OEM key FOB?
I noticed in your video the red security light blinking. If the hood latch was the issue it would not arm the system. (meaning no red light blinking )
You also stated that when you opened the hood after 5 minutes the alarm went off WITH the horn...That must be your OEM alarm At work.

I did not know there was the brain for the aftermarket now that you said it, i will check very soon. Yea the red light was blinking as usual. I thought so too it would be the hood latch.

Youre right im thinking about ripping out the aftermarket since its hidden in there somewhere, it will def cost money but ill install a new security system later when i got the cash.

irtiza18

Reaction score
You use the OEM key FOB?

I ripped off the brain in september, and nothing has happen since then, but the brain of the aftermarket now concerns me and i will get it out since its pretty useless, i have the original Key and Key Fob. and the aftermarket goes off as stated in the video, when i open the door manually or just let the door lock itself from inside. But thanks everyone for your thoughts, i will just check for the aftermarket brain and rip it out :)

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Ex is a factory alarm.

I gotta see if I can find a wiring diagram for this!

james'99

Reaction score
Ex is a factory alarm.

I gotta see if I can find a wiring diagram for this!

Yes! It is! But someone added one in addition to the factory one it seems... He had one of those aftermarket siren things under the hood. I think you're almost there bud. You simply have to unplug it probably. After that, you can test the functionality of the factory alarm.

Back