Front turn signals keep blowing out

Caliaccord02

Reaction score

Both driver side and passenger side turn signal bulbs keep blowing out for some reason. I have changed them about 5 times in the past 6 months and this time when I tried taking the blown bulb out, it broke off inside my headlight. I might try adding some bulb grease but I don't really think that this should be happening this often.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
A very little bit of moisture gets in. The thing is, those are the only bulbs that blow in the headlight. Now that I'm thinking about it,once I did the retrofit that problem started occurring so maybe the moisture is probably why they keep blowing because I didn't seal them well enough. Thanks Redryder.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
It seems kind of weird that its just the turn signals, wouldn't the headlights blow out to considering how hot they get. Do they blow at same time or just at random.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
After blowing out 3 more times since I posted this thread(8 times total), I finally figured out why they keep blowing out. The bulb touches the top of the plastic where the bulb sits inside the headlight and the plastic keeps melting onto the bulb which is causing them to blow out. Im going to see if I can find a smaller bulb to fit the headlight so its not touching the plastic where it sits. Im thinking the aftermarket headlights are to blame and the blinker holes were made too small.

Back