Honda Reccommended Maintaince

jdmgear

Reaction score
So I just had my timing belt and water pump replaced (98,000) by the dealership. I have the 4cyl model and it looks like that the water pump needs only to be inspected not changed :eek: . So was the dealership just trying to get extra cash out of me or was it a good idea to change the pump also? :confused: They basically said since they have access to the water pump they might as well change it. I've never had a water pump go out on any of my cars, however the only problems that I've heard with water pumps are on BMW's and some other cars
Any thoughts?

cdubb77

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
ive heard that its a good time to get the water pump replaced when you do the timing belt.

Very true. Whether it needs to be changed or not, the water pump should always be changed the same time as the timing belt to avoid any future problems.

I just had my 75,000 mile service done last month. I get my Accord serviced every 15,000 miles at the dealership. That's the only time I take my car to the dealer.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
whatd they do at 75k? ive had my car since it was at 69k a year ago, and im at ~87k, maybe a little less.

edit: haha, stupid me, i shouldve just looked at the clicky...which i did, so nvm.

acrod99

Reaction score
hey, is anyone else's honda dealer a real jackass? everyone at the lot i take mine to treats me like a chump, and i went to another, pretty far from there, and they were jerks, too. maybe they're jealous...hahahaha

cdubb77

Reaction score
I've never really had a big problem with Honda dealerships here in NY. Everytime I'm ready to have my car serviced, I call all the local dealers and see who's charging the cheapest. You'd be surprised the difference in $ between dealerships for the same service. :rolleyes: This past time I went to White Plains Honda in White Plains, NY because they were the cheapest. I usually frequent Nanuet Honda but they were a little more $ this time. The service men usually look and point at my car because they see the drop and the few engine mods. :D

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
acrod99 said:
hey, is anyone else's honda dealer a real jackass?

I think that it could be a common problem. The ones here always seem to hate to do work. They piss and moan about anything. They almost refused to work on my car because I had air cylinders. They wanted me to sign a release saying that anything that happens isn't their fault. I told them to not touch anything they didn't have to and everything would be fine.
Freakin Slackers...

Back