Loose wire?

CarNewbie

Reaction score
I recently started seeing all the lights on my dash flash in and out very irregularly, and I was told this is probably due to a loose wire. My question is where should I check for this? I also recently changed my door speakers could a loose wire somewhere there cause this? Idk if I posted this in the right spot as I just joined the forum so if I did I sincerely apologize!

james'99

Reaction score
Does the odometer go out? Is this while driving? Does the engine lose power? Try jiggling the key towards you without clicking it off and see if the engine shuts off while parked and the key is in the on position. Treat the key as if you are going to shut it off and just apply some pressure in that direction without actually clicking it off.

If it does, replace ignition switch.

CarNewbie

Reaction score
Does the odometer go out? Is this while driving? Does the engine lose power? Try jiggling the key towards you without clicking it off and see if the engine shuts off while parked and the key is in the on position. Treat the key as if you are going to shut it off and just apply some pressure in that direction without actually clicking it off.

If it does, replace ignition switch.

No the engine doesn't lose power and no the odometer doesn't go out. It does happen while driving. Sorry should have been more specific the lights that flashes irregularly is like the battery light, SRS light, the lights that shows you which car door is open, and it may be other lights as well. Its hard for me to catch it when im driving. It will randomly just all turn on at the same time and flash very irregularly. Ill try that and report back

CarNewbie

Reaction score
What dash light?

Sorry should have been more specific the lights that flashes irregularly is like the battery light, SRS light, the lights that shows you which car door is open, and it may be other lights as well. Its hard for me to catch it when im driving. It will randomly just all turn on at the same time and flash very irregularly.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Still worth a shot.

Check voltage AC, you should see less than 0.5v or you have a diode issue.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Alternator....if not make sure it's not getting lose. Double check your Alternator bolts and battery since u said u just had it done 2 months ago. If you bought a used maybe it's bad also.

Back