Alarm issue, real annoyng

irtiza18

Reaction score
So about two days ago, My 00 EX V6 has alarm issues, ill try my best to describe. So here it goes.

If Im in the car just chilling while its off, unlocked, eventually it locks itself in a minute, and if i open the door from the inside, all the lights are blinking including that headlight chiming noise and No HORN, so what i do is press the unlock then lock button on my key fob and it goes away.

I can press the panic button, alarm goes off with the horn, alright thats normal
If i open the door with just the key, the all blinking lights and no horn goes off.

Does it have to do with hood latch, im sure its a electrical problem.

james'99

Reaction score
Everything flashes, i can make Youtube video to make a better understanding

Please do. Also, leave the driver window open, lock it, wait five minutes. If the security light is flashing slowly, reach through the window and pop the hood with the car still locked and see if the alarm goes off.

irtiza18

Reaction score

james'99

Reaction score
That's really strange man. I doubt the hood latch is anywhere near your issue. What is your battery voltage with car off?

irtiza18

Reaction score
That's really strange man. I doubt the hood latch is anywhere near your issue. What is your battery voltage with car off?

Im really not sure man, but i do know that it happened right after i connected the negative side back on the battery, i was recently working on Idle control valve replacement about 5 days ago. Once i connected it, the problem premiered itself and that time i was clueless

james'99

Reaction score
Do you have a battery charger? I'd verify the condition of all the fuses, leave the battery disconnected and charge it overnight.

irtiza18

Reaction score
Do you have a battery charger? I'd verify the condition of all the fuses, leave the battery disconnected and charge it overnight.
Sorry for the late reply, the battery is excellent, might have to see a electrician who does car electrical

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, the battery is excellent, might have to see a electrician who does car electrical

I had a similar problem when I first bought my accord. I was outside sprouts and suddenly my alarm just goes off....and despite everything I try to do, I can't get it silenced. It would go off randomly and go on again. If I tried to open the door (with it unlocked) it would go off. It was crazy. It ended up being the alarm system. The car had an after market system that was probably really old and on it's last leg. Replaced the entire alarm system and never had a problem. Check out your local sound/alarm guy and get a new reputable system.

Back