Won't beep when locked

irtiza18

Reaction score
So my OEM alarm has an issue, I press the lock button twice on the remote and there's no parkinglights flashing nor the horn. I also see that the red light near the drivers winow doesn't flash anymore as it should. What I did I open up evry door, and start closing each one of them.

The hood I think that latch wire is bad cuz when I tinker with it and close n lock the car. It'll beep and flash like it suppose to but in a minute the car would randomly start to alarm so that's pretty annoying. Any thoughts? Could it be that latch wire thing?

james'99

Reaction score
Yes. There are 6 things that will cause the alarm not to arm. 4 doors, the trunk and the hood. I would point fingers at the hood latch first because it is the only switch that doesn't have an indicator on the dash.

irtiza18

Reaction score
Yea James I've wiggled the wirend on the hood latch around and when I shUT the hood I get the alarm armed and the usual beep noise. It's most likely the hood latch, what do I need to replace?

james'99

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Accor...21-/331590453405?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

You can probably simulate the operation of this switch with a paperclip if you want before you buy. I'm not sure if it is open circuit or closed circuit when the hood is closed but you can easily find out with a paper clip and your key fob. Just unplug the connector to the hood latch and try to lock it. Lights flash? Good. If not, short the pins on the connector going to the car with the paper clip and try again. Lights flash now?

irtiza18

Reaction score
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=131013116361&alt=web

What about aftermarket? Seems a big seller plus $20 bucks less. It's from AM auto, l will do the paper clip soon maybe.

Back