Jdm obd2 distributor question

Jf95

Reaction score
Hey guys ihave my h23 vtec in my car which is a jdm obd2. My old distributor is the one that came with the car which is an internal dizzy with an 8 wire plug. I wired 4 to the crank sensor and the other 4 to the accord harness from the distributor. I needed to replace my distributor since i have an obd1 ecu and through my research i bought a td-60 distributor which is a jdm obd1 internal coil distributor which has 7 wires in an 8 pin plug and 2 wire plug. Does anyone know if this is the right distributor or how to wire this? I bought a harness from rywire.com but it didnt seem to work.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Generally, you match the wire colors. But show the enginediagrams.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
I did some research on this last night and it seems like everyone has struggled with it. For your particular situation, OBD2B to OBD1, there is a lot of confusion and contradicting information. I'd just get the diagrams for both distributors and set down and see what needs to go where.

Jf95

Reaction score
Im pretty sure i had the wiring correct but it still wasnt starting with the td60u distributor so i just used the distributor it came with. I wantrd to change the distributors because i have the code 9 cyp sensor check engine light. I figured this had something to do with me using an obd2 distributor. Do i really need to change the distributor to an obd1 because other than the check engine light the car is running fine. I just want to get rid of this code and make sure im using the right distributor

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Sometimes sensors have different teeth counts. Everything works electrically, though.

Jf95

Reaction score
So does anyone which is the right distributor to run with this?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
IIRC they switched obd0 to obd1, then again for OBD2. I don't remeber exactly, but cylinder position sensor was like 4 teeth for obd0, 8 teeth for obd1, then 12 teeth for obd2, and I haven't heard of a change since.. So use the dizzy for the same period the computer is from.

Last edited:
Back