Homelink & central locking advise

djand

Reaction score
Hi all,

just after some advice after purchasing my first Honda - 2001 V6 coupe EX.

To start with the homelink programming is about to make me lose my mind....I have followed many guides but still the doors just dont wanna open.

so i held outer 2 buttons and cleared previous, that seemed to work ok - the i held the transmitter button within 1 inch while holding the homelink button....it went from slow flashing to fast, again as expected. when I held the homelink button after the previous step the light was sloid red and didnt flash before or anything. so to me that means its all good. but it didnt so i followed the steps for rolling codes and still nothing.....? any clues? would really appreciate it.

Then the next issue im having is with the central locking - the car didnt come with the keyless entry fob, only 1 key. when I use the key the passenger door does not open and i have to use the switch on my door to open it, but when I lock the car it also locks the passenger side door? is this normal. and if not can I do something to fix this.

The car didnt come with the user manual either as thats where I would have looked first.

Love the car though, so smooth to drive and still looks so sharp

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I had an issue when doing my homelink and it was the unit I was using to program from. Your fob or transmitter has to send a continuous signal for your homelink to grab. My problem was no matter how long I held the button (on my fob) it would only transmit for a few seconds then stop. So I went to home depot and bought a universal transmitter (it was like 16 CAD) then programmed that to my doors, then to the homelink and it worked perfectly.

djand

Reaction score
oh That could be the issue - although would it do the step where the light blinked slowly and then fast when it locked on? cuz mine does that - i would have thought if it was the same as you say it wouldnt do that? did yours can you remember.

Thanks for the reply

Cherryelky305

Reaction score
For the locks. Try unlocking the driver door then unlock again and hold. It should then unlock all the doors

Id find a fob though

guytv

Reaction score
I had an issue when doing my homelink and it was the unit I was using to program from. Your fob or transmitter has to send a continuous signal for your homelink to grab. My problem was no matter how long I held the button (on my fob) it would only transmit for a few seconds then stop. So I went to home depot and bought a universal transmitter (it was like 16 CAD) then programmed that to my doors, then to the homelink and it worked perfectly.

I had a problem with my home link as well. I just kept trying over and over. Eventually it worked.:waytogo: But I will keep that in mind for future reference.

Sino

Reaction score
Last year I replaced my garage door opener and couldn't program my Homelink transmitter for anything. Research indicated that there's a newer generation of Homelink in play, and old transmitters just can't work with more modern garage door openers without a sort of bridge device from the garage door manufacturer.

Not saying that's your issue, as setup on these is a special brand of torture, but it's something to consider.

Back