Error p1259 and strong fuel smell

ReaperWoodi

Reaction score
Good afternoon members.

I have spent a week attempting to solve issue with my accord I purchased last week.

I have another 6th gen 2 litre exec as my doner car (was daily use until last Friday)

The one I've got now Is a 2 litre Ls I think.
From what I can gather they're both same engine just trim on the new one is basic in comparison.

Anyway to business...
Keep getting error code 1259 and CEL light on but only after driving the car for a period of 30 mins or more.
So far I've replied:
Oil pressure switch
VTEC solenoid
Swapped and cleaner EGR (made sense as I was right next to it)
Oil level is spot on and doesn't seem to be using as much as previous car.

I'm not an idiot when it comes to cars and can generally solve most issues myself but this is really bugging me.

The other issue I have is that I'm getting rather a strong smell of fuel but no visible leaks, I've read on other posts about 2 way valves and things..what are these and where are they?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
first, did you reset the CEL? replacing everything doesn't turn off the light.

since you just got the car and are having VTEC issues, change the oil and filter. oil level matters very little if there is a pressure issue from something like a clogged filter.

second, the fuel smell could be one of a few things. the gas cap, the filler neck itself, or the evaporative emissions stuff under the car. anything related to the pressurization of the fuel system will set a CEL unless you get "lucky" and one of the emissions boxes under the car gets stuck in the open position, causing the smell yet potentially not setting a code.

there should be info on the emissions stuff, searching "charcoal canister" would be the easiest thing.

ReaperWoodi

Reaction score
Thanks for reply, I have since found out that the smell was a rotted fuel line.

I have yet to chnage oil and filter so will add that to the to do list after sorting the leak.

I did reset the light with my reader so will try again once oil amd filter done. I went for a drive on Friday and the lights didn't come on for approx 100 mile so that kinda backs up your pressure theory.

Thanks for the reply

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Back