Car threw a code.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
3 starts/drives/shut offs, 50 miles of which 20 were highway and 30 street and no code so far. Hopefully it worked.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Kyle is the rear o2 the one you got for primechoice? If so i wouldnt trust their parts very much as ive told you before lolz.
Do you have access to a live data reader? What does the rear o2 voltage show>

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
I threw the one i got from them away. And no i dont have access to the reader unfortunately.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
So its been over 50 miles and no code through city and highway driving and at least four starts/drives/shut offs, in collin county i can have up to three systems "not ready" during obdII tests so im gonna try to inspect it today. Im thinking the code should be cleared and the computer ready by now. Wish me luck

001Stunna

Reaction score
So its been over 50 miles and no code through city and highway driving and at least four starts/drives/shut offs, in collin county i can have up to three systems "not ready" during obdII tests so im gonna try to inspect it today. Im thinking the code should be cleared and the computer ready by now. Wish me luck

3? damn you guys are lenient. In here now its only 2 if 98-2000 and only 1 if 2000+

Hope it all went well

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Oh wait, my bad. 2 non continuous monitors are allowed to be not ready. Lol

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
So after I added that secon fouler, pulled the fuse #13 on the passenger side fuse box to clear the code, drove 50 miles half highway half city street, i passed emissions.

OP for future reference for people looking for exact refernce and diagnoses to solve the P0420 code, would you relabel the thread "P0420 Code Diagnoses and Treatment" that way when noobs search "P0420" they will find this thread first. Theres a bunch of them out there but they arent as thorough. Thanks guys and mainly Levin, for your help!!!

Repped
:rock:

Back