Color for valve cover?

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
yo, that Duplicolor paint is called MetalCast. I HIGHLY suggest using the special MetalCast primer if you are gonna do it. I used a regular primer, and it didn't have any of that metal/shiny look to it. Other people have had better success using the specific primer with it. But don't expect it to look exacly like the can's cover, aka just like metal, cuz it won't happen like that.

MetalCast comes in a darker blue and a gunmetal, I say do one of those!

GL!

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
ill have to check out that duplicolor metalcast stuff and see what colors they have in it...
you guys think it will hold up under the heat?

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
would really be original then haha...im gonna go look at o'reilly's today and see what all they have in stock..maybe ill get my car back so i can work on this...

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
u payin for it? haha not me...
im goin to look for paint tomorrow..i will let u guys know if i pick anythin up...

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
so i got home and took off the plastic and wow i didnt realize how dirty my bay was...
7wshldi.jpg

86qivpt.jpg

heres the products i picked up...the engine degreaser to clean that nastiness under the hood...
8bqy54k.jpg

CHID0

Reaction score
Nice color choice :thumbsup:

Don't you need paint stripper? I used it.

I used paint stripper too, but i would assume that if you scuff the surface of the original paint you can lay down primer wetsand and then lay your color over that. Better to start with a clean slate imo but can be done either way.

Back