--solved--

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Exhaust Fitment quick question

I think they're like the same. Don't quote me on that.

But my exhaust claimed online that it was for both coupes and sedans. So I was hesitant to buy for fitment purposes but it fit on my coupe perfectly. Hanger wise at least. Can't speak for sedan fitment though.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Re: Exhaust Fitment quick question

I think your coupe exhaust will fit a few inches shorter on his sedan. It's an easy fix for any decent muffler shop though.

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score

The hangers are the same on both but the coupe exhaust is a little shorter than the sedans. There should be an adapter to extend the exhaust a few inches that's if he doesn't want to weld a small pipe to the coupe exhaust.

Basm917

Reaction score

Yes the coupe exhaust is alil shorter then the sedan. But any muffler shop will fix that.

UTIaccord

Reaction score

Hi everyone, just a quick question,

I am have an exhaust that someone is interested in taking off my hands (catback) that came off of my 98 4cyl accord coupe.

So my question is, he has a 99 4cyl accord sedan, so will my coupe exhaust fit on his sedan?

I read somewhere that the exhausts for the sedans are longer than the coupes, is this true? and if so, if my exhaust was to be extended at a shop will it then fit on the sedan?

thanks!

if nothing else they make a small extension for it thats dirt cheap but i would rather have a shop fix it or do it myself just to not have those extra gaskets and places for exhaust leaks on down the line

Back