Car bogs under heavy acceleration.AEM EMS

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Im about to give up on this car,I cant even drive it and have fun.
When you accelerate hard the car bogs down. I am completely lost,and have no clue where to go from here.

AEMS EMS V2
GM 3bar map
Precision 440cc Saturated injectors
walbro 255 fuel pump-(Even bought a new one just incase)
11psi
New ngk plugs,decetly new ngk wires.

vtec gaskets changed
mobil 1 10w-40 synthetic
mobil 1 filter

Notice AFR goes to 10.x when bogging.

nhldogg

Reaction score
Hopefully some of the other turbo guys will chime in! I can't wait to see this beast back in action!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Think installing pro valve springs and aftermarket cam gear/adj.cam gear cause issues?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Yeah its been tuned by 2 different shops.
only issue is,it does not do this on the dyno due to how they tune it.
1-3 gear they roll into throttle then WOT 4th gear pull.So they dont experience it.
Im going to attempt to drop the car off at the shop later this month to have them drive it on the street to know what Im talking about and get the tuner back on it.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Hey Monty,

Sorry i haven't gotten to your PM yet, and I found this thread. So thought I would just reply in here instead.

Is this under hard acceleration or easy acceleration? Since I would assume easy acceleration that is super rich and you would need to play with your fuel map in the range that it bogs (I.E. engine load vs rpm or whatever the graph shows on x and y axis).

I had this same problem when trying to drive the car to the tuner on E85. Had to drive around slowly to get the fuel right to smooth out the fuel map so it would be driveable to the tuner.

If it is under hard acceleration it would most likely be the same issue.

Try driving around with your laptop plugged into the EMS and see what range on the graph it starts bogging (do this on a light traffic back road). Stop and take out a small percentage of fuel in that area. Continue doing it again paying attention to if/how the A/F ratio changes and how it affects bogging of the car. Repeat until you start seeing changes in A/F ratio in the correct direction and bogging starts disappearing.

It's a lot of trial and error but it should help substantially.

Back