F23 to J30-32 swap help

98exsedan

Reaction score
I wanna do this swap and need help knowing what needs to be done... I know the motor, trans, harness, ecu and 5 lug swap but is there anything I am missing like motor mounts and wiring that needs to be done??? Any help would be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaby_91

Reaction score
You should really just buy another accord/car. Engine bays are... mirrored from i4 to v6.

i4
engine_bay_stock.jpg

v6
1998_honda_accord_lx_v6-pic-8728171792116554606.jpeg

power steering reservoir
air box/intake
transmission
(engine is built the other way)
cruise control
ABS module
battery is different
radiator is different
collant overflow reservoir
winshield washer fluid reservoir & pump

Everything is on the other side. It's a lot of work when there are Accords with v6 engines already.

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Yeah, you're missing a ton on your list.

Like the guy above, you should just start off with a V6 Accord.

98exsedan

Reaction score
Ok then h23 it is then thanks guys.... Turbo the f23 or just start new with the h22/23

98exsedan

Reaction score
If I delete the washer fluid stuff and relocate the battery... And the fuse box is the same place... Just looks like a lot of rewiring and plumbing.... It could be done but would take a really long time and probably wouldn't be worth the power gains... Maybe I will look for the coupe v6 and just 6spd swap and build that instead... Thanks guys... I keep studying the 2 pics hoping to see a simple way but it's just rebuilding an entire accord... So makes sense to just get a v6 like chaby said.... Thx

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Ok then h23 it is then thanks guys.... Turbo the f23 or just start new with the h22/23

I like to recommend an h series, but I prefer NA and oem reliability over turbos, even though turbos can be just as reliable if done right. Honestly I think you'll be just as happy with whichever you choose

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

98exsedan

Reaction score
Ya after I wrote that I was talking to a friend that did a k swap in a civic and he said that would be a great motor too... But the h is little easier to swap than the k... So I think I will do an h soon.... I just wanna get the motor and get it rebuilt and make sure it's right before I put it in and have issues. Lol

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
I don't think anyone's ever done a k swap in these cars. One person tried, but ended up selling it. Soo yeah, an h swap would be a lot easier. Almost a direct swap other than a few wiring things. Hmotors is a great place to buy from and the h23a is one of the cheapest and maybe my personal favorite h motor for DD. Also, no need tearing into the engine. Just replace the water pump and timing belt to be safe

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Oh, and be prepared to have a hard time passing emissions each year unless you find a way to avoid it!

Back