Comparing a couple cars, input? *bought - page 2*

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Only 3 years, that's kind of crazy. Then again the Venza has a little bit on the passenger headlight, and it's 5 years old. Must be a Toyota thing haha.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Swapped the upper and lower grills yesterday, took a quick pic. Probably leaving the hood visor on as there is tape under it. Next is probably the fog light housings, then I’ll tinker with exterior lighting. I wish there was an OEM lip kit, VIS made one that isn’t too bad, but it’s too expensive. When it gets warm I’ll probably get the front windows tinted to match the rears.

Before (hood is open)

temporary_61.jpg

After

temporary_62.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Nice, looks better with the wider openings with the new grill.

There is actually a lip kit, will have to check that out.

Well now,

toyota_venza_body_kits.jpg

09TYVEN4DVEN-023.jpg

09TYVEN4DVEN-099_1-1034_408056.jpg

09TYVEN4DVEN-011.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Becoz SEMA :lawl:

Nice, looks better with the wider openings with the new grill.

There is actually a lip kit, will have to check that out.

Yep that's it, I think it's the only one too. I think I'd like it if it wasn't quite as aggressive. The sides and rear aren't too bad, it's the front that isn't quite working for me. I wish TRD had made one.

A guy on Toyotanation put an LED bar reverse light in the middle of the rear lip since the OEM mufflers are at the corners, thought that was a good idea.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Detailed it for the first time over the weekend. The more I tinker with the Venza the more things I find that I like about it. Second mod, smoked plate cover. :lawl: The front plate will be collecting dust next to the Accord's.

One of the nice things about the Venza is even being a lower trim, it still looks premium with chrome door handle inserts, roof visor, muffler tip, foglights, etc. Glad we got the comfort pkg too, the auto liftgate has proved invaluable. If you are willing to overlook a couple small flaws, these are pretty nice and I'd recommend.

Venza%201_.jpg

temporary_69.jpg

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Anyone besides me, feeling a little uncomfortable with the Toyota/Honda 'relationship' going on here? :lawl:

The Venza managed to have the right look as a Crossover-type model.

I think it has potential, and for an OEM-focused owner like yourself, I imagine it will have just the right touches to make it stand out, but not be too much.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
haha in the near future there may be another Toyota parked next to the Venza too. Well, Lexus, but still. If only Honda offered something other than FWD...like a 2016 Accord sedan w/AWD for example.

The Venza enjoyed a slightly upscale look and feel from typical Toyotas for the 8 years it was made. It does have a bit of Lexus about it inside and out I think. Anyway mods will be kept to a minimum, but I do enjoy spending time on it.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Speaking of Lexus, of course since you sent me that link to the GS F Sport ad, I have been looking out for them.

Spotted a white one the other day, not the first one I have seen, and may have been the same car, but it didn't wow me in person, like the ad did.

I think because it was white.

Car looks fantastic, but white really takes away from how aggressive it can look.

Didn't help that the guy driving it was being soft with it on the hwy.......:eh:

So, if that is the sport sedan that you have plans for.......can't wait till you pull the trigger on it! :love:

Back