Entering the Honda world!

MrEastCoast

Reaction score
Whats goood everyone! I am so excited to own my very first Honda! Im a 19 year old college student, and this will be my second car in 2 years. My first was a 2000 VW Jetta that is totaled now all thanks to my sister!... I let her borrow my car for one night and sure enough.....some idiot didnt see her sitting behind a car at a stop sign and smashed into the entire back of the jetta...she then proceeded to hit the car in front of her. She wasnt hurt at all by the accident thankfully, but my VW unfortunately was.

The Jetta

After your sister borrows it for one night....

So since got a full-time job for the summer about 30 minutes away from my house in CT, I was in need of a car. My parents also knew that sharing a family car with me simply wouldnt work, so luckily a close friend of theirs was getting rid of their 2002 Honda Accord LX Sedan for only $1,000 with 150,XXX miles on it. The car is in good condition except for a couple spots.

MY question to you guys is what do you think would need to be done to the car first. I have thought of a list of things that I want to do within the first couple weeks of getting the car.

1.) Get an oil change/ Replace stock filter with a K&N drop-in filter.
2.) Get new hubcaps to replace dirty stock ones.

Would these fit on my accord?

They are Civic Hubcaps and here is the ebay link..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-HONDA-CI...s&fits=Make:Honda&hash=item5647bc7580&vxp=mtr

What do you think?Would those look good?

3.) Fix the paint scratch on the right rear panel behind the wheel (seen in pic)

-What would my best approach to fixing this be?
-Is there a special kit to buy?
-The color code for the blue 02 accord (eternal blue pearl I believe?)

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

-MrEastCoast

Last edited:

EscoStylez

Reaction score
welcome to the site sorry to hear bout ur vw.....keep ur stock hubs they wont fit cause of ur lug pattern

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Welcome! The color sounds right and yeah you're a 4 lug bolt pattern. The ones you showed were 5 lug.

MrEastCoast

Reaction score
welcome to the site sorry to hear bout ur vw.....keep ur stock hubs they wont fit cause of ur lug pattern

Sorry about that! I put up the wrong hubcaps..I edited the link and picture.

Thanks for correcting me!
:thumbup:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Don't worry you'll fall in love with the Accord aswell like the majority of us.

Sunoveabesh

Reaction score
Welcome to the site :)
I'd just save up for some nice rims and tires and start looking into getting some tint for your windows

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
for 114...just keep the stocks. don't waste money you don't need to. if you're going to do something do it right. i mean of course that's if you're buying new wheels. if not then go for the hub caps.

eggs

Reaction score
Welcome... If you looking for rims I'm selling a set that will fit. And I'm local

Bax

Reaction score
Looks clean. :) I love that color.
The only thing I would do, is repaint your stock hubcaps. Like said before, don't waste money where you don't need to. If the hubcaps really bother you, you can use www.car-part.com to find sets of alloy wheels local to you for pretty cheap. I've found a few sets around me for ~$200 with tires. I decided to not even bother with that, though.

But hopefully you'll enjoy your stay here.
Oh, and drop it. :boink:

truWarier02

Reaction score
Welcome!

It's unfortunate what happened to your Jetta but that Accord was a steal for a 1000 bucks, assuming everything is running fine.

Definitely get an oil change and can't go wrong with a K&N air filter.

Back