good deal for my AV6?

scrapnav6

Reaction score
im in the market for just a turbo right now any recommendations? i want to get a used one b/c im not tryin to spend 1k on just the turbo. also my friend is planning on building a kit for his 94 240sx and he says that he can just buy a turbo off a sabb, volvo, etc. and spend alot less. could i do the same?

Last edited:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
right......

so basically what Kevin was trying to get at I think, is that if you have done proper research on the subject, you should have at least an idea of what kind of turbo to buy.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
and you want a turbo with shaft play, not a lot just a little

and how are you planning to bolt this up to your exhaust, what about an intercooler, a fuel management system, tuning, oil lines, et all.... if half your budget is a turbo there is no way on gods green earth that you can build a set up for less that a grand......

unless you're doing something super special and rare like a mugen turbo, in which case you're still going to blow your engine the second your boost creep gets out of control

scrapnav6

Reaction score
i understand that i am going to need to spend more than 1,000 on the whole set up but if you look i said that i do not want to spend over 1,000 on just a turbo, i am willing to spend more then that on the whole thing. i will probably use the piping from an ebay kit and get a new intercooler, wastegate, etc. if this turbo is to big, wat would u suggest a t3/4 turbo?

is anyone on here running boost on their j30?

scrapnav6

Reaction score
also if its not to much to ask for, which it seems like it might be, what other parts would i need besides the things i know(piping, front mount, wastegate, fuel injectors..) would i need. i am asking this because im guessing that i would need other parts then that of the 4 cyl's

Back