Suggestions on OEM brake replacements, please!

redEYEjedi

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Not really a frequent poster on the forums but I'm always lurking looking for good ideas or just admiring everyone's cars.

Now on to the subject at hand.

It's getting close to replacing my OEM brakes since they're starting to squeak and squeal a lot. Still need to get them checked first but thinking its about time to replace. Just wanted to get some suggestions on possibly performance brakes or OEM brake replacements that will last me a good while and are reasonably priced if I really am going to replace them.

Currently my entire brake system is OEM stock.

Please tell me what your brake set up, cost, and opinions on them.

thanks in advance. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
If you don't auto-x or track your car on like a weekend basis then your OEM brake setup is more than sufficient enough. If you want good OEM replacement pads that don't squeal or squeak look into Wagner Thermo Quiets. I have ran them for about a year now on my 01 v6 with slotted front rotors. The only real braking mod I would suggest is stainless braided brake lines.

slaiguy

Reaction score
whats a good brand for ss brake lines? somethin for the dd that doesnt wanna necessarily break the bank, but doesnt wanna cheap out on brakes by any means.

Reaction score
whats a good brand for ss brake lines? somethin for the dd that doesnt wanna necessarily break the bank, but doesnt wanna cheap out on brakes by any means.

i dont really know about big brake kits much, although in the future after i go boost, im planning on getting something close to brembo but thats a **** load of money.... (at least 2 G's) so im going wit this company called powerslot, and i believe their kits are no more than $800

heres a link to big brake kits for 6th gens most of them are realy expensive, i would suggest you consider the powerslot one.

Clicky Clicky

slaiguy

Reaction score
i was thinkin about goin w/ oem pads, brembo blanks, and ss brake lines. i dont race, or have s--t under the hood. good setup or somewhat pointless for a dd?

slaiguy

Reaction score
big brake kit would sorta be outta the question; im thinkin its overkill for someone like me that really would never put it to use

Last edited:

cajun

Reaction score
I'd stick with OEM unless you're dogging the pi** out of your car. I'm on the original set with 60K miles, and the pads still have a lot of life left.

Reaction score
i was thinkin about goin w/ oem pads, brembo blanks, and ss brake lines. i dont race, or have s--t under the hood. good setup or somewhat pointless for a dd?

oh, im srry i didnt really understand where u were going with this... i thought u wanted to upgrade ur brake setup, not just pads... (things seem different when ur 1/2 asleep) i love OEM pads, i had a set on my car, lasts me about 60/65 K miles...

Back