Im new to swaps

bozo

Reaction score
I have a 1999 Honda accord automatic, which my transmission went out :( . Im wanting to do a motor swap because i can probly get that done for about the same price. Im curious if its difficult to do a JDM F20B swap w/ manual tranny? Or any other motors I should consider? I hate automatics and im stuck with this car for awhile. So im trying to make the best out of it.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
the F20 is strong for top end, which with all the weight of the CG chassis, won't be fun.
try doing an H22 or an H23 JDM or USDM.
if JDM check local smog laws.

bozo

Reaction score
kk...Im not doing the swap im paying for it. Im new to the honda accord scene, so im tryint to get some ideas...thx alot for the reply

I have a 1999 Honda Accord Ex coupe (with no transmission at the moment) Damn 99 accords and there automatic trans!!!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
you wont be able to pay for a swap for the same price as a new trans fyi. you could buy the h22 engine/trans for the cost of buying a rebuilt auto trans and having it put in the car. if youd do the work yourself it might come close...

why not swap to 5spd now (~$1k for parts and labor) and save for an h22. better yet, save up, build and boost an f23 for less than the cost of an h22 :147703263745b138a51

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
I have a 1999 Honda Accord Ex coupe (with no transmission at the moment) Damn 99 accords and there automatic trans!!!

oh, its 98-02, haha, not jus the 99's. i went the little more expensive way when mine was close to going and just got a new car :D hahahaha.

but yea, id opt for a h22 over a f20b if i was to swap motor. just cuz hte h22 has more torque then the f20b.

Back