Sway Bar Size FAQ

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05.jpg

Haha no problem, just didn't want to see you lose out on a great opportunity. I bought the TL bar and it made a big difference still...but I wish I had just bought the Progress the first time. I know you are a big proponent of OEM+ as I am (or more so used to be), so if you get the Progress bar you can just paint it black. ;) j/k

The Progress bar is also adjustable and has two settings, so you could start with the looser setting if you desire. TL bar is a great bang for the buck though. Anyway good luck whatever you decide!

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05.jpg

Haha no problem, just didn't want to see you lose out on a great opportunity. I bought the TL bar and it made a big difference still...but I wish I had just bought the Progress the first time. I know you are a big proponent of OEM+ as I am (or more so used to be), so if you get the Progress bar you can just paint it black. ;) j/k

The Progress bar is also adjustable and has two settings, so you could start with the looser setting if you desire. TL bar is a great bang for the buck though. Anyway good luck whatever you decide!
LOL. You just made me wanna watch Jim Carry movies now haha. (Liar Liar sounds good, too..)

Well, it seems like I'm leaning towards the Progress as of now. :omghi2u: I've never thought of myself trying to get the extreme spec on my car tho haha. Actually, I started to like having some blings underneath my car, ever since I got the Powertrix LCA's. ;)

That's right; you've mentioned those two adjustable settings on my MR thread. That's another good factor for it to be heavier on the scale of my choice! Yep, indeed the TL's is a lot cheaper.. Thanks, buddy; I'm gonna enjoy my contemplation! (Hopefully, not for so long tho.)

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
May I suggest, if not brought up, going with 3G TL-S front and rear sway bars. Might be your best bang for bucks and performance.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
May I suggest, if not brought up, going with 3G TL-S front and rear sway bars. Might be your best bang for bucks and performance.
As far as I've searched, front sway bars don't really give you much of an improvement on 6GA iirc. Idk.., maybe I read things wrong tho..

But yes, TL's (6MT / Type-S) 20mm RSB seems to have the best in cost performance, I agree. I appreciate your input, sir.

The-Big-O

Reaction score
I bought and installed the Progress
04-08 Acura TL Rear anti-roll bar. Part #: 62.0110 with moog end links on my I4 & fits great, no issues.

You can compare prices at:

andysautosport dot com

Or

progressauto dot com

Part #: 62.0110

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next I'll be upgrading the front to the H&R Adjustable Sport Sway Bar - Part#: 70104
For the 2004-2008 Acura TL 6CYL

hrsprings dot com

Or

andysautosport dot com

If you do go this route don't get*07-08 *H&R* Acura TL Type-S 6 cyl Sway Bar Front Part#: 70104-2, The holes are too big

Part#: 70104

Car: I4 Accord Coupe

Last edited:

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Has anyone here reduced their front sway bar?
I currently have eibach's 23mm rsb and the car understeers. I was wondering if reducing the front would be a good move to reduce understeer and make the car more balanced. I'm looking at ST's 22mm fsb. Lastly, I'm upgrading my suspension to koni yellow and gc early september so I know that may affect it as well. I called ground control directly (that's where I plan to order from) and told me they would be asking me questions about the modifications I've done (like sway bars). But I couldn't talk with them unless I opened an account. I'll definitely try them again (I didn't have this question when I first called them) but I'd also like to ask you guys. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I do not know of anyone who has reduced their FSB. Someone tried eliminating it altogether and they said it ruined the handling. In theory reducing it could make a difference, but only so much as the car is set up to understeer even down to the position of the engine (in front of the axles). And if the bar isn't beefy enough, the front end may get sloppy.

In most cases people leave the FSB stock and buy the thickest RSB they can. But hey try it and let us know. :)

EDIT: I bought my GC's from this vendor on Ebay, may be cheaper.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330616711252?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Redryder.
I read about a guy who did that too, could be the same guy lol.
Interesting, I didn't know understeer was engineered that deeply into the car. I'll definitely take that into consideration. I just got off the phone with Ground Control and they recommend I soften the front, if I choose to do so, after I get the suspension installed. I think what I'll do is replace the front endlinks and bushings while keeping the front bar stock, get the new suspension, and see if I should soften it from there. My car has 193k miles on it so I figure endlinks and bushings is a good idea.
If I do decide to reduce the front bar, I will definitely post how it turns out.
Are you able to select your spring rate from the vender link you posted?
I was planning on ordering from gc directly because the koni/gc will come already assembled with my custom rates. But I'm open to hearing about other way.
Thanks again for the reply, Redryder.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It's a front wheel drive passenger car, and the idea is that the average driver will have an easier time controlling understeer than oversteer, so yea it's basically set up for that.

I ordered custom spring rates and the sleeves for Koni Yellows (4515.02). I just messaged them about all that and they worked with me. Here is details on how this works, from the link I posted:

I want to spec my own spring rates or spring lengths - can I?
Absolutely - Ground Control builds their 'off the shelf kits' with their default recommended spring rates and those kits ship immediately. If you like to spec your own spring rates or substitute alternate spring rates please just let us know - if we don't have your setup in stock we can have Ground Control assemble your kit to order with a lead time of 2-5 days in almost all cases.

Please keep in mind; if you choose to order your kit with custom/non-standard spring rates it will not be eligible for return/exchange.

I have Koni shocks - your listing says they don't work - does Ground Control make a kit for me?
They do - we have the Koni-specific kits listed separately because they utilize different components and sometimes carry different pricing. If you can't find a listing in our store shoot us a message and we'll help out you with a Koni-specific setup.

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Thanks for the lengthy drscription of how it works.
When they say there's no return/exchange on custom rates does that mean they have no warranty?

Back