Sizing & Spring Loaded Constant Tension Hose Clamps???

windnsalsa

Reaction score
Not severe but urgency in timing [needing to get the car running tomorow--Wednesday]...

--------------------------

A few questions regarding sizing of spring loaded constant tension hose clamps. Forums research seems to conclude to try to use new spring clamps and avoid using worm clamps. I have decided on using spring clamps. Very tough to find locally, but found some at a newly opened Ace Hardware. I thought this small project is completely straight foward but reading a bit on the net and trying to find them locally have been tough. Dealer here in San Jose was asking $11/each.

I am replacing a heater coolant hose that is 5/8" inch inside diameter and 15/16" outside diameter [same as factory]. If we want the "correct" tension, would we want to use spring clamps of size 15/16" or 7/8"?

The damaged hose has strong impressions from the factory clamps [seems to be 7/8" clamps]. I bought 7/8, 15/16 clamps. Which size do you think is best/correct? Wanting to minimize risk of leaking [if a bit loose] or gashed hose or plastic water inlet valve connector [if too tight]. I am leaning towards 7/8 [in between ID and OD].

Thanks

Last edited:
Back