Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

Had a date w/ wifey & Accord @ SB.

IMAG4908_zpscdb4ey5a.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

My brother-in-law recently visited Japan (works for Toyota) and at my suggestion he stopped into an Autobacs and brought this back, made me think of ya.

temporary-43.jpg

Over there it's actually a sticker for novice drivers (for so many years I think) that is to be placed at the bottom of their hood on the passenger side, but over here Civic drivers just put it on their cars to show they're all JDM an ****. :lawl:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

My brother-in-law recently visited Japan (works for Toyota) and at my suggestion he stopped into an Autobacs and brought this back, made me think of ya.

temporary-43.jpg

Over there it's actually a sticker for novice drivers (for so many years I think) that is to be placed at the bottom of their hood on the passenger side, but over here Civic drivers just put it on their cars to show they're all JDM an ****. :lawl:
That was a nice suggestion. Pretty sure he had a good time out there.

Yep, that's exactly right. (There's also a yellow + orange one for senior drivers, btw.) It's funny that one of the local Honda dealers that I know of, sells these stickers in their glass-cased counter, along with the Broadway mirrors, PIAA LEDs, air-fresheners, etc, making them look cool like the JDM items lol. (The sticker for the seniors was tagged as "Experienced drivers" lol.) In fact, I do remember I saw a modded Civic with the senior version of those stickers on it, and I smh haha. He prolly wanted to be an "experienced driver" then, and I'd respect that, if that was his motive lol.

FIY: The label says "Reflective type. Re-peel 'n reapplyable. Can be on a glass / metal surface." ← Nice that you got a souvenir, but are you going to put it on?? :lawl:

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score

Are you talking about Lynnwood Honda? By far my favorite dealership. They always compliment my car when I go there.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Are you talking about Lynnwood Honda? By far my favorite dealership. They always compliment my car when I go there.
It's Renton Honda. I mean, they do sell other cool aftermarket JDM stuff tho. Prolly one of the best parts dept that I know of, in terms of carrying a variety of aftermarket parts.

Yeah, feels nice to get some compliments, right? I've never visited Lynnwood one, but I've always wanted to check them out, since they're an authorized Comptech parts installer. But kinda far away from my place, so that's the thing.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

That was a nice suggestion. Pretty sure he had a good time out there.

Yep, that's exactly right. (There's also a yellow + orange one for senior drivers, btw.) It's funny that one of the local Honda dealers that I know of, sells these stickers in their glass-cased counter, along with the Broadway mirrors, PIAA LEDs, air-fresheners, etc, making them look cool like the JDM items lol. (The sticker for the seniors was tagged as "Experienced drivers" lol.) In fact, I do remember I saw a modded Civic with the senior version of those stickers on it, and I smh haha. He prolly wanted to be an "experienced driver" then, and I'd respect that, if that was his motive lol.

FIY: The label says "Reflective type. Re-peel 'n reapplyable. Can be on a glass / metal surface." ← Nice that you got a souvenir, but are you going to put it on?? :lawl:

Yea he did, had some good stories. It's a neat thing to have just because I know where it was bought, but I won't be applying it on my car lol. JDM isn't really my thing.

Here's the other side, makes sense to say that since I would be nervous about putting it on the paint.

temporary-44.jpg

It's Renton Honda. I mean, they do sell other cool aftermarket JDM stuff tho. Prolly one of the best parts dept that I know of, in terms of carrying a variety of aftermarket parts.

Yeah, feels nice to get some compliments, right? I've never visited Lynnwood one, but I've always wanted to check them out, since they're an authorized Comptech parts installer. But kinda far away from my place, so that's the thing.

I used to get comments when I took my car to the dealer occasionally. Now I never bring it there. I think the last time I did though, I was talking to the service manager about something, and another customer that was waiting to talk to him actually leaned on my car. I couldn't believe it, luckily I was able to muster a polite request that he didn't. :rolleyes:

That's cool you guys have seen dealers that have aftermarket parts on display, I never see that.

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score

I haven't been to Honda of Renton. I'm not much of a city guy :lawl:

I always find it funny when someone with a 6th gen mentions how it's so JDM.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Yea he did, had some good stories. It's a neat thing to have just because I know where it was bought, but I won't be applying it on my car lol. JDM isn't really my thing.

Here's the other side, makes sense to say that since I would be nervous about putting it on the paint.

temporary-44.jpg

I used to get comments when I took my car to the dealer occasionally. Now I never bring it there. I think the last time I did though, I was talking to the service manager about something, and another customer that was waiting to talk to him actually leaned on my car. I couldn't believe it, luckily I was able to muster a polite request that he didn't. :rolleyes:

That's cool you guys have seen dealers that have aftermarket parts on display, I never see that.
Well, you can put in on your laptop PC, when you ever get a new one, for being a "novice " user. How 'bout that? ← Might make it run faster, since it's a sticker. ;) (The back of the label says: "Warm up the surface, if it's difficult to remove it." With that said, use it w/ confidence! :rock: Haha :p)

I haven't been to Honda of Renton. I'm not much of a city guy :lawl:

I always find it funny when someone with a 6th gen mentions how it's so JDM.
Besides, Renton is a little far away from your place huh. Btw, when I drove up by Tulalip area on I-5, I saw a HUGE Honda dealer newly opened. (A little further up north from Tulalip, right off of the freeway.) I could be a little off geographically, but that might not be so away from your place tho. Kinda made me wanted to check them out, just b/c it was new & huge.

Yeah, our car is not JDM at all lol. I mean, some components are made 'n used in JPN, but the car as a whole is not.

Some ppl think that the term "JDM" only applies to a vehicle's OEM parts made & available in JPN, but that's not entirely correct. It's Japanese Domestic "Market". Any parts (regardless of OEM or not) made available in Japanese market are consider as JDM. :) Hence, Chris' sticker is really a JDM item, although the sticker itself doesn't represent a car to be JDM by putting it on lol. He can put it on, even if he gets a brand new Mac Book Pro. :)

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Had a little impulse buy.. (X-TRA SEAL Tire Valve Stem Sleeves & Caps.)

a0b47d367125baf80b9cb309a66ffe60.jpg

Old ones only covered half way.
3a9fee36d3676a36b30bcbc07e13dc8d.jpg

New ones cover entirely. :) (Donated the old ones to my '11 Pilot.)
81690f9a56a064476e675e21d64bab51.jpg

Mobil1 5w-20 available @ Costco on sale. :) ($37.99 → $27.99))
8ebf6c607e11e7f6a7c6eff8cfc64910.jpg

Pretty sweet deal imo.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

My front right tire was deflated quite a bit a few days ago. Checked the air pressure, and it was loosing about 10 psi, so I added more air. Checked it again on the next day, and it was off by 5 psi.. Inspected the tire, but couldn't locate any spot for a puncture. Applied some soap water on it, but I couldn't find any bubbling spot.. I guess I'll need to have a tire shop check it.

Cleaned 'n organized the glove box, and found a free car wash coupon. :) Thinking about cutting off these two plastic pieces to have more light output, or make it easier for the better access to the bulb w/o removing the glove box / instrument panel bezel, if necessary.
IMAG5020_zpsaixtihfj.jpg

Gave her a lazy auto wash w/ the free coupon. :p
IMAG5015__zpsommtggs1.jpg

Cleaned out the floor mats. That little black plastic thing is my shopping bag headrest hook, which I bought it at a local Japanese dollar store several years ago.
IMAG5016_zps4vl0wscm.jpg

Loving this thing, b/c I can even have a spirited drive while I carry out my take-out food w/o spilling the sauce in the bag! :burnout:
IMAG5026_zpsnsymyh6y.jpg

Went to that dollar store, and got these for dirt cheap. ($1.50 each :love:) Can't complain anything w/ this price!
IMAG5027_zps7awdw5q9.jpg

Still debating whether I should upgrade my RSB or the exhausts next... :hide:

Back