Going to China in 2 days...what to do with 6thgen?

pyaarawala

Reaction score
As some of you may know I'm leaving for China this saturday. My car and my brother's Si will just sit in the garage all this time. My question is, what should I do with the 6thgen? My question isn't about selling/parting out or keeping it, because I'm definitely keeping it. My question is what should I do about maintenance and all? I guess I'll just have my dad start both cars once a week? Is that frequent enough?

Will it make a difference if I leave the cars parked in one spot for months? I won't drive it again till I get back on January 24th, so should I leave it parked normally or put it up on jacks or something? What about the gas that's been sitting in the tank, will it still be usable? Same with the oil that will just be sitting there. Keep in mind it'll be sitting there during winter, don't want something screwing up internally.

Thanks.

LoveLee

Reaction score
awww good luck in china!! bring me back something cool :)

/threadjack

nexTOme

Reaction score
make sure you sing that song i wrote for you :thumbsup:

indowanksta88

Reaction score
i think i read somewhere that you should keep less than a quarter tank of gas in it if the car is goign to be sitting in one spot for a long period of time.

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
ur car should be fine Hassan.......the starting once a week should be good enough.....

becareful of the milk in China son

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score
I am not an expert or anything but i havent drive my accord or awhile it just sits inside my garage.

What i have been doing is starting and letting the engine run for like 20~ish minutes every sundays and its been fine. Sidenote i have yellow top optima battery idk if that is a factor.

Back