F23A1 stalls when revved

silverbullet99

Reaction score
Hey I have a 99 4cyl automatic and anytime I rev it above 2500rpms or so and let off, it winds down and instantly stalls. It doesn't even sound like it wants to go back to idle, just dies like it does when I turn the key off. This is not an intermittent problem, it happens anytime and every time its revved above 2500rpms. I've heard it could be the IACV or the o2 sensor but I don't want to bring it down to the dealership and have it diagnosed. Has anyone ever had/fixed this problem before? It's not really a big problem because it doesn't affect my daily driving but it would be nice to fix it just so I can say "theres nothing wrong with my car" lol

finch13

Reaction score
It could be the IACV or a vacuum leak too or the MAP sensor... something is not seeing the vacuum when the throttle butterfly closes and adjusting the idle air to compensate.

silverbullet99

Reaction score
any way to narrow it down? my CEL isn't on so I have no idea where to begin

finch13

Reaction score
A Haynes manual would have the proper resistance Ω and voltage measurement taken with a multimeter ($20)

silverbullet99

Reaction score
yeah thats a pretty good idea. I actually already got a pretty nice snap-on digital multi meter so I just need to look up the ohms and test some stuff. I'll do some testing tomorrow or friday and let everyone know just in case they happen to have the same problem when their accord reaches the 150k range.

Back