SykVSyx - Officially

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I am happy that I at least got a good photoshoot in before I lost the car.

A reminder to everyone, make sure your suspension parts are checked when you go to the mechanic.

A broken lower ball joint is a heck of a way to have to write-off your car.

Will post pics later.

Will be posting a F/S thread, but almost everything will be up for sale. Still have to decide if I am going to keep anything for future use......IF I get in to another CG again.

Looking for a winter car, currently, and a CG is on the list, but only for DD purposes. Decided it's time to move on, and find something else to get in to that comes pretty much done, right out of the box.

If there is anyone local that is looking for parts, check through my Mods List on Page 1 and let me know.

I also have a bunch of parts for a 6-speed swap that will be up for grabs.

It was tough seeing my car in it's current state, especially since I had just over a year to enjoy it, and I wasn't finished yet.

I just realized that it was probably better to move on than to bother fix it.....I am looking forward to the next ride, which I have been looking in to, so, we'll how soon it will be before I can make it a reality.

I do know it will be RWD and a 5.0. Whether it's a 2012 or 2013, is yet to be determined.

Wanted to thank you, 6GA Family, for ALL of the help with getting my car even to the stage it was at. The advice, parts, meets and most importantly, the people, that have made this an awesome online community.

:usa:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
:eek: …..damn. I have to say I am shocked. I am sorry for your misfortune, but it sounds like you are handling it well. Glad you and anyone else involved are alright. It's sad the car had just begun its new life as a performance machine, and you were able to enjoy it for such a short time. I hope you were able to get the most out of it while you had the time. But the prospect of bigger and better things awaiting is always exciting.

I started seeing so many people’s cars go down last year due to ball joints, almost seemed like an omen lol. I got my lowers replaced, still need to do uppers.

Hmm 5.0 and RWD….Genesis R-spec?

Decided it's time to move on, and find something else to get in to that comes pretty much done, right out of the box.

I had to chuckle when I read that. That is my mentality on my next car…I don’t want to have to hunt down rare lip kits, swap transmissions, switch trunks, update headlights to projectors, etc etc. Still want to mod, but nearly to the same degree.

Don't want to be a vulture, but might be interested in the Oddy alt and rear caliper brackets should you decide not to use them.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Thanks, CB.

Yeah, I wish I had gotten to it before it became an issue as well.

There is good that is coming out of this though, so I am not completely down about it.

The wife was shaken up, but the kids weren't with us, thankfully. I was fine.

The repair cost was going to be almost $5k, so, there was pretty much no chance the car was going to be fixed.

If I had that type of money sitting around, I may have gone ahead with the repairs, but it was probably a sign that it was time to let it go.

Unfortunately, the alt/strut bars/rear sway bar/custom brackets/TL Wheels/RL Calipers/WSII exhaust all remain on the car. The collision shop wasn't able to help with getting the parts off, and I wasn't about to tow it to a garage to pay for the tow and parts removal.

I still may check with the scrap yard about how much it would cost to buy the car so I can get those parts, but I doubt it's going to be anything I am willing to pay. They won't have it till next week, so I just have to wait.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Nooooo! Just can't believe this is happening... Glad that you & your wife didn't get hurt though. Might be a little difficult to let the car go, since you were emotionally attached, but I'm just shocked to hear this, since I totally didn't see it coming like this...

Best of luck for the part out process, and whatever the next ride you will be getting.

Man, I'm gonna miss your SSM, Derek..

(This really reminds me to inspect my front upper ball joints, as I know that one of the bushings are wearing out a little -- replacing Ingall's bushings w/ OEM's.)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yeah, Richard-san, never thought it would happen to me. Yes, most definately get those checked/replaced, asap.

Thank you, appreciate the kind words.

I'm going to miss it too! lol

Definately looking forward to the next ride(s), though.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Yes sir, I took your advice very seriously, and just placed an order of new bushings along w/ new clips.

"Next ride(s)" with an S sounds good!

Back