james'99 1999 Accord Coupe EX-L F23A1 5MT

james'99

Reaction score
Nice intro thread. Enjoyed reading it. Off to a good start so far...

Thank you, CG6Lemon!

+1.

I enjoyed it, too and thanks for sharing your stories. So happy to see SSM coupes together. :) Really wish you two were my neighbors, 'cause I don't get to see any 6gen SSM coupes in my area like you guys, who enjoy working on cars.

Same to you, Sil2DrV6. We were very fortunate. Cody's car had been very far in the works when I found and began following him on Instagram which led me to sending him a message and our first meeting.

Crappy pic when we met but...

Wow that’s quite the backstory on your car. It really sucks someone tried to screw you over with the false odometer but it sounds like you’ve made the most of it. Looks like the car is coming together, keep up the good work.

Thank you, RedRyder. I really appreciate the support!

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
IMAG0371_zpsil5zxr12.jpg

I wish my car was there in between them haha.

james'99

Reaction score
A couple new photos with fogs and hood bra! Other than that, just added to current setup and added all future plans.

james'99

Reaction score
Nice photo on featured ride

Thanks! Installed my lip yesterday! New photo up. Will get better pictures tomorrow. Hoping to go slightly lower soon, then do some body work and paint work. Also need to acquire 01-02 Coupe side skirts as well as OEM mudguards...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Bi-Xenon Retrofit OEM Housings with custom DRL wiring for OEM highbeam and eyelids
Front Lip

I like the sound of these “near future” mods. What lip are you changing to?

I see you also have the body side moldings in your possible plans, you rarely see that on these coupes but on Drowzee’s car it looks good.

james'99

Reaction score
I like the sound of these “near future” mods. What lip are you changing to?

I see you also have the body side moldings in your possible plans, you rarely see that on these coupes but on Drowzee’s car it looks good.

Ahhh! Missed removing that from the list! Front lip is on! The Mugen style lip is what they call it. Not sure how legitimate that is but you know...

Got02Accord has the BSM on his SSM coupe as well and I like them. I think it's a nice touch on this color.

Thanks, RedRyder!

Retrofit happening soon. Ordering the DRL module as soon as I'm back from Florida next weekend. Fort Lauderdale for work! Haha!

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
Car was parked the other day and hit in the driver door.... Getting a new door today, ordered 2002 Accord side skirts, and replacement fog lights. Probably won't replace the fog lights till the spring though. Then getting a quote for paint on the bumpers and all the other dent repairs.

Back