f23 with h22 head??

accordtl99

Reaction score
what are the benefits??
i am new to this and my friend is installing a turbo in my car and he is changing the head to h22 from a prelude?
can someone explain benefits?

Last edited:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
its possible, but the headswap will cause more headaches for ya. just stick with the turbo

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
accordtl99 said:
what are the benefits??
i am new to this and my friend is installing a turbo in my car and he is changing the head to h22 from a prelude?
can someone explain benefits?

So..he's changing the head on your car and turbocharging it and you're just kinda going along w/ it? Did I read that right?

Maybe you should have a lil more knowledge and input on whats going on with your car from the sound of it.

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
Stealing the thread, and you can yell at me if it's already been discussed. I'm wondering about swapping the H22 head on the F23 to then add a turbo. I know the G23 is the NA route, but any downsides to FI on this setup? F23 torque, H22 top end power, turbo boost to aid . . . makes sense to me.

Egi7

Reaction score
A boosted G23-vtec has potential to be sick, but.......hybrid'ing and boosting at the same time could have issues. You want to make sure that your G23vtec is dynamically sound, in that you replaced all gaskets, seals, and timing belt. I would suggest running a Phodellic (i think i spelled that right) head gasket, and IM gasket for added security, they are the makers of high performance gaskets. Other than that, know your motors powerband and rev limit on STOCK internals. For a mild build up (ie: stock internals), a smaller turbo (t3/t4 hybrid) would be perfect, because of its quick spool and the f23s max rev limit on stock internals. Using a bigger turbo (T04e) will create lag and wont spool till later which will hinder the effeciency of your turbo setup. An example of this is the guy off cb7tuner, who did the f23/h22 hybrid and boosted 10lbs on a T04e and with a late spool of only 2k rpms he pulled 300hp 270lbs, so just think if he had the smaller turbo that was taylored more to his rpm. Remeber iam corralating this to the f23's STOCK internals, if you were to build the bottom end to rev higher and take on stress you would have more to work with. Hope this helps.

-Mike

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
^^^ h23accord - Adam

i saw him and watched his car dyno. effin sweet to hear the engine hit full boost the the vtec kick in

but his setup was havin some problems the last time i checked, hence the new name he has now

accordtl99

Reaction score
Egi7 said:
A boosted G23-vtec has potential to be sick, but.......hybrid'ing and boosting at the same time could have issues. You want to make sure that your G23vtec is dynamically sound, in that you replaced all gaskets, seals, and timing belt. I would suggest running a Phodellic (i think i spelled that right) head gasket, and IM gasket for added security, they are the makers of high performance gaskets. Other than that, know your motors powerband and rev limit on STOCK internals. For a mild build up (ie: stock internals), a smaller turbo (t3/t4 hybrid) would be perfect, because of its quick spool and the f23s max rev limit on stock internals. Using a bigger turbo (T04e) will create lag and wont spool till later which will hinder the effeciency of your turbo setup. An example of this is the guy off cb7tuner, who did the f23/h22 hybrid and boosted 10lbs on a T04e and with a late spool of only 2k rpms he pulled 300hp 270lbs, so just think if he had the smaller turbo that was taylored more to his rpm. Remeber iam corralating this to the f23's STOCK internals, if you were to build the bottom end to rev higher and take on stress you would have more to work with. Hope this helps.

-Mike
great info thank!!

theaccordian

Reaction score
if your going turbo and getting like 250-300 whp, I doubt youll notice that litlle vtec crossover kick. :rolleyes:

Back