Whats your MPG on a full tank?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Holy ****! On my 2002 SE auto accord with SRI and bypass I'm only getting 330 a tank. And I already have good tires, new plugs. BUT I do have a code for bad cat converter. I've tried seafoaming, gas treatments, coasting, and most I've ever had was 350 a tank. And this is city driving. Any other suggestions besides new cat?
Also idk if my gas light works? Lol when the needle is completely under the E line the light still don't come up. I needa fix that too haha
What you can also do is, avoid flooring it 'n drive like grand ma (changing shift @ low rpm & avoid down-shifting when pulling the brake), taking out the spare tire if u r okay w/ it, avoid leaving heavy stuff in the trunk cargo, keep your tire air pressure accordingly, using cruise control on the flat road / hwy, etc. And, staying away from Arco / Safeway gasoline.

If you wanna be serious about some weight reductions, going w/ carbon fiber trunk & front hood, getting light-weight wheels, (say, 15 lbs per piece) and racing front seats, removing the rear seats & door linings is a great way of improving your mpg.

As far as the gas light issue, almost all 5th & 6th gen Accords are like that, so you're not the only one.

Btw, if you change out the size of your tires (diameter) from the oem spec, they will mess up your true mpg, since your odometer will be off, when you calculate your mpg.

Last edited:

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Right now, on my v6, I'm doing ~380Mi/tank. This puts me at the 25.xxMPG range. My last tank was 25.34MPG. My driving is primarily highway. Also, I've got a lead foot and am usually cruising at 85-90. When there's a hard turn and traffic is non-existant, I will take the turn hard (usually "clover leaf" style freeway onramps).

I know I'd be getting more MPGs and pass the 400Mi/tank mark if I was easy on my car, but that's no fun. :grin:

Aman

Reaction score
I average about 28 MPG in my 2001 4cyl/5MT sedan. That's with about 90% highway driving, somewhat hilly. On a trip across a flat highway, with everything optimized I can touch 500 miles in a tank.

goldenchamp

Reaction score
I tend to get about 375 if I wait until the fuel light comes on, but I usually chicken out when it's below 1/4 of a tank. I once did a road trip up the west coast and went almost 500 miles between fillups. I was shocked!

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
I tend to get about 375 if I wait until the fuel light comes on, but I usually chicken out when it's below 1/4 of a tank. I once did a road trip up the west coast and went almost 500 miles between fillups. I was shocked!
Your fuel light still works??

Back