Immediate Concern - Strange blinkers, fogs, and sidemarkers function...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
alright, i read everything in this thread again and i cannot give you 100% advice since this has not happened to me

i can only offer some suggestions

grounds- go back and make sure all of the grounds are tight and clean.

wiring- most likely wont help, but the gauge of your wiring could cause an issue with the power you are sending through it. too small = no good

multiplexor- it may be possible tht you got a bad unit, since it was in a junkyard

i would seriously break out a multimeter and verify tht all the wiring is good. sounds like alot, but once you narrow down the problem area, diagnosis will be easier

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Good thing I didn't start taking off random parts such as alarm system, fogs, sidemarkers, LED's etc.

So I paid a shop $112 to diagnose the problem.. and I was so close to the solution myself. A connector on the back of the fuse case, one of the big ones, has some pins that do not have proper contact, and this was causing all of my troubles. They diagnosed the problem properly, but failed to fix it. Claiming they cleaned off corroded connectors, the connectors failed to maintain contact upon return of my vehicle. I will go in on Monday and tell them that it still flickers, and the connection is unstable. Do you think that for $112 they should have fixed my connector for proper functionality?

I will post a picture of the faulty connector tomorrow during the day, so that others who encounter the same problem may have some insight.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i think for $112 you shouldve been able to see that problem yourself.

and also, yes, they shouldve fixed it right the first time if they said that they were going to.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Thing is, I didn't even know where to start looking. I know now for the future..
The fuse box voltage was normal, so the problem had to be after the fuse box. I just didn't know where to even start looking. Glad I didn't fry any wires, or take apart half of my car.

I'll be visiting the shop on Monday and demanding proper repair. Also, now the 12v cigarette outlet does not work after whatever they did to the car..

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the faulty connector which was causing me all my problems.. Failure of some contacts in this connector will cause for you all the symptoms I had, so if any of you have a problem in the future with dash lights, exterior lights, etc. (anything that works off the light switch knob) check this connection and make sure that it isn't the problem. It's the long green one, to the right of the two yellow ones. These are located just on the reverse side of the driver's side fuse box:

img6630ov9.jpg

I hope this helps people in the future and prevents them from having the same aggravating problems I had :thumbsup:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Thanks Matt,
That was the most aggravating thing to happen to my car as of yet.. and I've owned it for two years. This was even worse than getting a compression guage adapter getting stuck and tightened in my 4th cylinder spark plug hole :ugh:, though that was more expensive to remove..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back